The Filson Guarantee
We guarantee every item made by Filson. No more, no less. We believe in our products and stand by the quality of workmanship, craftsmanship and materials in each one. We guarantee the lifetime of each item against failure or damage in its intended usage.
Please fill out our online Repair Request form and we will email you with an RA# and instructions on how to send your product to our Repair Center. For general returns and exchanges on recent purchases, please view our Returns page.
- Repair Request
In certain cases, following evaluation, we may require contact to discuss options regarding your item.
- Frequently Asked Questions
How do I submit my item for repair evaluation?
You are welcome to bring your product into a Filson store or send the item in the mail for evaluation by our Returns Team. Unfortunately, we cannot determine through photos if a repair is possible, so the item must be received at Filson and evaluated by one of our repairs specialists.
What is and isn’t covered by the Filson Lifetime Guarantee?
Our guarantee covers the failure of materials or workmanship, including defects, discovered through normal wear. Excessive wear and tear, animal damage, abuse, misuse, neglect and disregard for the product care instructions are not covered by our warranty. We also can't guarantee against accidents or damage incurred airlines and third-party shipping companies, or as a result of repairs, modifications or alterations done by a third party.
A few accommodations we unfortunately cannot make:
- Exchanges for a newer version of a particular style
- Size exchanges on well-used or older items
- Repair or replacement of items purchased through non-authorized retailers
- Repair or replacement of items not made by Filson
- Exchanges of items without a defect
What does "lifetime" mean?
The lifetime guarantee specifically refers to the time at which, through normal use, the product can no longer function in its intended purpose. Filson products are built to last, but nothing lasts indefinitely. Over a long period of normal use, we expect our customers to not only break in their Filson gear, but to also experience general wear and the natural breakdown of materials. This may include some fraying at the cuff, worn soles, stretch in a leather belt or scuffs on the corner of a luggage item. Whether used for daily work in the field or occasional trips, our customers experience differing degrees of wear-and-tear on their Filson gear. Proper maintenance, such as rewaxing your garment or oiling your boots, will help to extend the lifetime of your Filson product. Our warranty covers any Filson item for its lifetime of use, at which point it is worn out beyond reasonable repair. If a Filson item is showing a lifetime of use and has served you well, we hope you'll consider buying a replacement to last another lifetime.
Will you repair my item, or replace it?
Repair is always our preferred course of action. However, if after evaluating your item it is deemed not repairable, we may need to replace your product. Please let us know in our repair request form if your Filson product has sentimental value and you do not want the item replaced. We will honor your wishes and repair it to the best of our ability, if a repair is possible. Repairs are made to preserve the strength and integrity of the product rather than have aesthetic appeal. If your damaged product requires replacement, please be advised we cannot also return your original product to you.
What happens if I rip or tear my jacket, pants or bag?
Our returns team will evaluate it. If the tear is a result of defective materials or workmanship, we will fix or replace the item at our cost. If it is the result of normal wear and tear, abuse, neglect or use other than its intended purpose, will will quote a price for repair or return the item as is if it is beyond repair.
What if I receive a damaged, defective, or incorrect item?
Please contact our Customer Care team at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide the order number and style number. We will make every effort to replace your item promptly.
Do alterations void my warranty?
If something should fail which is unrelated to any alterations or modifications, we will stand behind our guarantee.
What if I'm not sure if my item is repairable or replaceable under your guarantee?
You are welcome to send the item in for evaluation by our Returns Team. Unfortunately, we cannot determine through photos if a repair is possible so the item must be received at Filson. A Customer Service Representative will follow up with you to discuss your options.
How are shipping costs handled?
Customers are responsible for shipping items to Filson. We’ll cover the return shipping costs.
What do repairs cost?
Repairs covered by our warranty are performed at our expense. For non-warranty repairs, after evaluation, we will provide an estimate after we have evaluated your product. Repairs requiring payment will never be performed without your authorization and you can opt to have your item returned as is, without repair.
- Watch Warranty
YOUR FILSON WATCH IS COVERED BY THE SHINOLA LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY
The Shinola warranty covers faulty workmanship under normal use for the lifetime of the watch. In case of defects covered by the warranty, all components (excluding battery, watch strap and buckle) will be repaired or the watch will be replaced free of charge. In the case of a replacement, Shinola cannot guarantee that you will receive the same watch model. If your model is not available, a watch of equal value and similar style will be provided. A copy of the receipt and/or your completed Certificate of Warranty is required as proof of purchase. A fee of £25 will be charged for all warranty and repair services. This fee must be paid before we can ship the watch back to you, whether repaired or not. This fee is subject to change.
THE SHINOLA WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER
- Watch strap, battery or buckle
- Damage resulting from improper handling, lack of care, accidents or normal wear and tear
- Water damage unless marked water–resistant
- This warranty is void if the watch has been damaged by accident, negligence of persons other than authorized Shinola sales or service agents, unauthorized service or other factors not due to defects in materials or workmanship.
- The following warranties and remedies are exclusive and in lieu of all other warranties, terms or conditions, express, implied or statutory, as to any matter whatsoever, including, without limitation, warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy, satisfactory quality, title, and non-infringement, all of which are expressly disclaimed by Shinola. Shinola shall not be liable for incidental, consequential, indirect, special or punitive damages or liabilities of any kind arising out of or in connection with the sale or use of this product, whether based in contract, tort (including negligence), strict product liability or any other theory, even if Shinola has been advised of the possibility of such damages and even if any limited remedy specified herein is deemed to have failed of its essential purpose. Shinola’s entire liability shall be limited to replacement or repair at Shinola’s sole option. However some countries, states, or provinces do not allow the exclusion or limitation of implied warranties or the limitation of incidental consequential damages so the above limitations and exclusions may be limited in their application to you. When implied warranties may not be excluded in their entirety, they will be limited to the duration of the applicable written warranty. This warranty gives you specific legal rights; you may have other rights that may vary depending on local law. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- If you have your watch battery replaced by any service provider other than a Shinola authorized service center, such replacement will not void your warranty, so long as such replacement is performed by an experienced and legitimate service center, (ii) is not performed in a negligent manner, and (iii) is reassembled properly, including without limitation, replacement of gasket if necessary to achieve suitable water-tightness. Shinola has the right to determine, in its sole and absolute discretion, if any such third party battery replacement voids your warranty.
REQUESTING WARRANTY AND OTHER WATCH REPAIR
Should you require work under warranty, please contact our Customer Care team at email@example.com to request a Return/Repair Form. Do not send original packaging, as it will not be returned. Filson highly recommends you insure your parcel and adequately protect the watch during shipment. Filson is not responsible for product lost or damaged during shipment.
For service work that is not covered under this warranty, the service center may perform the services you request for a charge dependent on watch style and type of work requested. Such charges will be notified and agreed by you prior to performing the services. In addition to repair charges, if required, a service and handling fee of £25.00 will be charged for all repairs and warranty services. This fee must be paid before we can ship the watch back to you, whether repaired or not. This fee is subject to change.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS REGARDING YOUR WATCH, PLEASE CONTACT CUSTOMER CARE firstname.lastname@example.org.
Filson Customer Service
For additional questions regarding repairs for your Filson item, please contact Filson Customer Service by email or phone.