The Ripstop Nylon Pullman takes its name from bags that were originally designed fit beneath the seats of railroad Pullman cars. It’s lightweight and durable, and it rides comfortably close to the hip. It can be carried by hand, over the shoulder, or even as a backpack using the removable, contoured and padded shoulder straps. It meets major airline carry-on size requirements, so checking your bag is not needed.
The main compartment opens clamshell-style for easy visibility and access to its contents. The interior features adjustable, buckling straps to keep folded clothes secure on one side, and layered full-sized pockets for organization on the other. The exterior features zippered and snapped pockets for quick-access essentials. The lightweight 500D Cordura® nylon is highly abrasion-resistant and reinforced with strong ripstop cross-threads to increase its tear strength.
Originally developed as an alternative to the silk used for WWII-era parachutes, ripstop nylon incorporates a crosshatch pattern of reinforcing threads to strengthen the lightweight, abrasion-resistant base fabric. Filson ripstop nylon provides the durability to last for generations and is notably lighter in weight than heavy canvas bags. Double-treated for water resistance.
Whether for an overnight or three-day trip, our 36-liter Ripstop Nylon Pullman will keep clothing and essentials secure and organized.
- Built with lightweight, durable 500D ripstop nylon double-treated for water resistance
- YKK® AquaGuard® zipper clamshell-style opening with interior straps and full-width layered pockets for organization
- Exterior front and rear pockets for quick access to essentials
- Removable, adjustable padded shoulder and backpack straps
- 2"-wide nylon webbing handles with carry grip
- Key fob strap in rear exterior pocket
500D 100% nylon Cordura® ripstop + nylon webbing + nylon lining + polyester mesh
18”L x 13-1/2”W x 9”D