We guarantee every item made by Filson. No more, no less. We believe in our products and stand by the quality of workmanship, craftsmanship and materials in each one. We guarantee the lifetime of each item against failure or damage in its intended usage.
OUR GUARANTEE COVERS:
- Every item for the lifetime of the product
- Failure of workmanship and craftsmanship
- Failure of materials
- Production defects
Our guarantee does not cover general wear and damage caused by accident or by using the item for other than its intended purpose. This includes animal damage, damage caused by mishandling via airline or third party shipping companies, extreme wear and third-party alterations made to the item. Likewise, fluctuating fit, abuse of product, and disregard for the product care instructions are not covered. Due to the unique nature of Filson Restoration Bags and Old Wolf branded items, they cannot be replaced under our guarantee. Our guarantee applies to all Filson items purchased by authorized retailers. Please note every item is subject to an evaluation by our Returns Team.
YOUR FILSON WATCH IS COVERED BY THE SHINOLA LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY
The Shinola warranty covers faulty workmanship under normal use for the lifetime of the watch. In case of defects covered by the warranty, all components (excluding battery, watch strap and buckle) will be repaired or the watch will be replaced free of charge. In the case of a replacement, Shinola cannot guarantee that you will receive the same watch model. If your model is not available, a watch of equal value and similar style will be provided. A copy of the receipt and/or your completed Certificate of Warranty is required as proof of purchase. A check or money order payable to Shinola/Detroit, LLC in the amount of $25.00 as service and handling fee must be included for all warranty and repair services. This fee is subject to change.
THE SHINOLA WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER
- Watch strap, battery or buckle
- Damage resulting from improper handling, lack of care, accidents or normal wear and tear
- Water damage unless marked water–resistant
- This warranty is void if the watch has been damaged by accident, negligence of persons other than authorized Shinola sales or service agents, unauthorized service or other factors not due to defects in materials or workmanship.
- The following warranties and remedies are exclusive and in lieu of all other warranties, terms or conditions, express, implied or statutory, as to any matter whatsoever, including, without limitation, warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy, satisfactory quality, title, and non-infringement, all of which are expressly disclaimed by Shinola. Shinola shall not be liable for incidental, consequential, indirect, special or punitive damages or liabilities of any kind arising out of or in connection with the sale or use of this product, whether based in contract, tort (including negligence), strict product liability or any other theory, even if Shinola has been advised of the possibility of such damages and even if any limited remedy specified herein is deemed to have failed of its essential purpose. Shinola’s entire liability shall be limited to replacement or repair at Shinola’s sole option. However some countries, states, or provinces do not allow the exclusion or limitation of implied warranties or the limitation of incidental consequential damages so the above limitations and exclusions may be limited in their application to you. When implied warranties may not be excluded in their entirety, they will be limited to the duration of the applicable written warranty. This warranty gives you specific legal rights; you may have other rights that may vary depending on local law. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- If you have your watch battery replaced by any service provider other than a Shinola authorized service center, such replacement will not void your warranty, so long as such replacement is performed by an experienced and legitimate service center, (ii) is not performed in a negligent manner, and (iii) is reassembled properly, including without limitation, replacement of gasket if necessary to achieve suitable water-tightness. Shinola has the right to determine, in its sole and absolute discretion, if any such third party battery replacement voids your warranty.
REQUESTING WARRANTY AND OTHER WATCH REPAIR
Should you require work under warranty, please send in your watch, a copy of your sales receipt and/or the Certificate of Warranty and a completed watch repair form, which can be found on the Filson website (www.filson.com), to Shinola Detroit, 485 W. Milwaukee St, Suite 501, Detroit, MI 48202. Do not send original packaging, as it will not be returned. Filson highly recommends you insure your parcel and adequately protect the watch during shipment. Filson is not responsible for product lost or damaged during shipment.
For service work that is not covered under this warranty, the service center may perform the services you request for a charge dependent on watch style and type of work requested. Such charges will be notified and agreed by you prior to performing the services. In addition to repair charges, if required, a service and handling fee of $25.00 will be charged for all repairs and warranty services. Such fee must be prepaid by check or money order payable to Shinola/Detroit, LLC at the time of delivery of the watch to the repair center. This fee is subject to change.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS REGARDING YOUR WATCH, PLEASE CONTACT CUSTOMER SERVICE AT 1-800-624-0201.
Frequently Asked Questions
What's all this business about my satisfaction?
In 1897, C.C. Filson said, "Your satisfaction is the sole purpose of our transaction." We've held that standard ever since. It's gotten us into hot water on some days, but over a hundred years later we stand by those words. If you are unhappy with your purchase from Filson, you may return it for a refund, no questions asked. Well, maybe a couple of questions. Your feedback is very important to us and is used to help us improve our products.
What does "lifetime" mean?
The lifetime guarantee specifically refers to the time at which, through normal use, the product can no longer function in its intended purpose.
What doesn't the lifetime guarantee cover?
Our guarantee covers the failure of materials or workmanship, including defects, discovered through normal wear. Excessive wear and tear, animal damage, abuse, misuse or neglect is not covered by our warranty. We also can't guarantee against accidents or damage incurred as a result of repairs, modifications or alterations done by a third party.
What is considered "general wear"?
General wear is the natural breakdown of materials over a long period of normal usage. After years of wear, you may see a bit of fraying at the cuff. Eventually, the notch you always use on your belt may stretch. Once you've put enough miles on it, that luggage may show some scuffs on the corners that see a lot of traffic. This isn't a failure of materials or workmanship; it is simply the natural course of any well-built product. If a Filson item has served you well but is showing a lifetime of normal use, we hope you'll consider buying a replacement to last another lifetime.
Is there anything you won't do?
Just barely. Here are a few accommodations we unfortunately cannot make.
- Exchanges for a newer version of a particular style
- Size exchanges on well-used or older items
- Repair or replacement of items purchased through non-authorized retailers
- Repair or replacement of items not made by Filson
- Exchanges of items without a defect
If the issue is not related to a failure of our product, the exchange or return will be determined on a case-by-case basis by our Returns Team.
What if I receive a damaged, defective, or incorrect item?
Please contact Customer Service as soon as possible at 1-800-624-0201. Have the order number and style number for the Customer Service Representative, and we will make every effort to replace your item promptly.
Will you repair my item, or replace it?
Repair is always our preferred course of action. However, if after evaluating your item it is deemed not repairable, we may need to replace your product. Please let us know by letter if your Filson product has sentimental value and you do not want the item replaced. We will honor your wishes and repair it to the best of our ability, if a repair is possible. Repairs are made to preserve the strength and integrity of the product rather than have aesthetic appeal. Based on the amount of labor involved, some repairs may incur a charge. You will be notified if this is the case prior to any work being done on your item. If your damaged product requires replacement, please be advised we cannot also return your original product to you.
How will I receive my refund?
Refunds are issued in the original form of payment. Please note that a refund issued to your credit or debit card may take up to two weeks to be acknowledged by your financial institution. A Filson order number or proof of purchase is required for refund.
If you are returning an item that was originally purchased through one of our authorized retailers, you may be issued a Filson Gift Card for the last known retail price (redeemable online at Filson.com or in person at one of our Filson stores).
What if I don't have an order number or it was given to me as a gift?
We will exchange an item without an order number or receipt if all of the product tags are included, the item is not a discontinued style and the product does not show any wear. The last known retail price may be used as a credit toward an exchange, or issued in the form of a Filson Gift Card.
What if I'm not sure if my item is repairable or replaceable under your guarantee?
You are welcome to send the item in for evaluation by our Returns Team. Unfortunately, we cannot determine through photos if a repair is possible so the item must be received at Filson. A Customer Service Representative will follow up with you to discuss your options.
Please note we reserve the right to send back dirty or soiled items that may pose a health risk to our Returns Team or Production Staff. Besides being unhygienic, unclean items may damage our production machines and equipment. Particularly with hunting products, we ask that you clean the item and remove blood, feathers, and any other animal byproduct before sending it in for evaluation.