The Captain Whidbey was built in 1907 from logs and stone found on site by Chris Fisher and his son Edward. In the years since, it has served as a private residence, a boarding house, post office, girl's school, and a general store. It has recently been restored and is now open to the public as an inn. Read more about the history of the inn below.
Since 1907, Captain Whidbey has been a place of natural beauty, community gathering and quiet delight. A place where people — locals and visitors alike — do things together, even if those things are simply eating, drinking, and looking out across the water. Charged with the past to carry us into the future, Captain Whidbey will be a place where thin...Read More