Returns & Exchanges
- Return Policy For Online Orders Shipped Within Europe
If you purchase a full-price item from Filson.com and are unhappy with it for any reason you may return your item for a refund within the first thirty (30) days of purchase. Discount/sale items may be returned for a refund under similar conditions within the first fourteen (14) days of purchase. In both instances proof of purchase is required.
Free returns are included on all full-price orders of €100 and over. You will be responsible for return shipment costs for orders under €100 as well as orders of discount/sale items.
To receive a full refund on items returned, the items(s) must be returned (i) within the eligible time from the date of purchase; (ii) with completed Return Form; (iii) in the original packaging; (iv) in new/unused condition;
If you wish to return or exchange an item, please follow the following instructions:
- Contact us by email at email@example.com to request a Return Label and a Return Form.
- Ship your item using the Return Label to the address that will be communicated to you by our Customer Care team.
- Include the completed Return Form.
- Ensure the returned items are adequately protected for shipment.
- Insure your parcel for the full value of the item(s) being returned.
- In the case of an exchange, please include full details of the exchange requested, including item name, size and colour for each item. Availability of requested exchange items cannot be guaranteed.
- Filson is not responsible for products lost or damaged during shipments.
- If you are unable to fully comply with our return policy, you may not be entitled to a full or partial refund.
- Refunds may take up to 14 working days to process.
- Gift cards cannot be redeemed for cash or returned for a refund.
This policy applies only to Filson purchases made online at Filson.com and shipped and to an address within Europe* and/or returned from an address within Europe*.
*Includes the following countries: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom.
- Damaged or Defective Items
If you receive a damaged or defective item, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Frequently Asked Questions
What is you customer satisfaction policy?
In 1897, C.C. Filson said, "Your satisfaction is the sole purpose of our transaction." We've held that standard ever since.
How do I return an item to Filson for repair?
Please visit our Warranty and Repairs page to learn more about Filson’s Lifetime Guarantee and to initiate a Repair Request.
What if I receive a damaged, defective, or incorrect item?
If you receive a damaged or defective item, please contact us at email@example.com and provide us with your proof of purchase. Our Customer Care team will make every effort to replace your item promptly.
How will I receive my refund?
Refunds are issued in the original form of payment. Please note that a refund issued to your credit or debit card may take up to fourteen (14) business days to be processed.
What if I don't have an order number or it was given to me as a gift?
We will exchange an item without an order number or receipt if all of the product tags are included and still attached to the item, the item is not a discontinued or discounted style and the product does not show any wear. The last known retail price will be applied as a credit toward an exchange. In this instance a return must be arranged through our Customer Care team by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org to receive a Return Form. Shipment costs are the responsibility of the sender.
We offer free standard shipping with Europe* on all orders of €100 and over.
Standard shipping for orders under €100 will be charged at €15.
We use TNT for standard shipping, which delivers within 3-4 business days.
Express shipping will be charged at €25. We use UPS for express shipping, which delivers the following business day for orders placed before 14:00 CET.
All orders require signature upon delivery.
As soon as your order is dispatched from our warehouse we will send you an email including a tracking number with a link so you can monitor the delivery progress.
Our orders ship from a warehouse within the EU, therefore shipments to the following countries do not incur any additional charges for customs/duties: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom.
Please note that our lifetime guarantee does not cover damage caused by mishandling by third party shipping companies. Filson cannot be held responsible for items that are delivered to the wrong address, lost or stolen in transit or otherwise delayed by third-party shipping companies.
The Filson Guarantee
We guarantee every item made by Filson. No more, no less. We believe in our products and stand by the quality of workmanship, craftsmanship and materials in each one. We guarantee the lifetime of each item against failure or damage in its intended usage.
If you have a quality or repair issue please contact our Customer Care team at email@example.com
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I submit my item for repair evaluation?
You are welcome to bring your product into a Filson store or send the item to us for evaluation. Unfortunately, we cannot determine through photos if a repair is possible, so the item must be received at Filson and evaluated by one of our specialists.
What is and isn’t covered by the Filson Lifetime Guarantee?
Our guarantee covers the failure of materials or workmanship, including defects, discovered through normal wear. Excessive wear and tear, animal damage, abuse, misuse, neglect and disregard for the product care instructions are not covered by our warranty. We also can't guarantee against accidents or damage incurred as a result of repairs, modifications or alterations done by a third party.
A few accommodations we unfortunately cannot make:
- Exchanges for a newer version of a particular style
- Size exchanges on well-used or older items
- Repair or replacement of items purchased through non-authorized retailers
- Repair or replacement of items not made by Filson
- Exchanges of items without a defect
What does "lifetime" mean?
The lifetime guarantee specifically refers to the time at which, through normal use, the product can no longer function in its intended purpose. Filson products are built to last, but nothing lasts indefinitely. Over a long period of normal use, we expect our customers to not only break in their Filson gear, but to also experience general wear and the natural breakdown of materials. This may include some fraying at the cuff, worn soles, stretch in a leather belt or scuffs on the corner of a luggage item. Whether used for daily work in the field or occasional trips, our customers experience differing degrees of wear-and-tear on their Filson gear. Proper maintenance, such as re-waxing your garment or oiling your boots, will help to extend the lifetime of your Filson product. Our warranty covers any Filson item for its lifetime of use, at which point it is worn out beyond reasonable repair. If a Filson item is showing a lifetime of use and has served you well, we hope you'll consider buying a replacement to last another lifetime.
Will you repair my item, or replace it?
Repair is always our preferred course of action. However, if after evaluating your item it is deemed not repairable, we may need to replace your product. Please let us when you contact us for a repair if your Filson product has sentimental value and you do not want the item replaced. We will honour your wishes and repair it to the best of our ability, if a repair is possible. Repairs are made to preserve the strength and integrity of the product rather than have aesthetic appeal. If your damaged product requires replacement, please be advised we cannot also return your original product to you.
What happens if I rip or tear my jacket, pants or bag?
Our returns team will evaluate it. If the tear is a result of defective materials or workmanship, we will fix or replace the item at our cost. If it is the result of normal wear and tear, abuse, neglect or use other than its intended purpose, we will quote a price for repair or return the item as is if it is beyond repair.
What if I receive a damaged, defective, or incorrect item?
Please contact our Customer Care team at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide the order number and style number. We will make every effort to replace your item promptly.
Do alterations void my warranty?
If something should fail which is unrelated to any alterations or modifications, we will stand behind our guarantee.
What if I'm not sure if my item is repairable or replaceable under your guarantee?
You are welcome to send the item in for evaluation by our specialists. Unfortunately, we cannot determine through photos if a repair is possible so the item must be received at Filson. A Customer Care representative will follow up with you to discuss your options.
How are shipping costs handled?
Customers are responsible for shipping items to Filson. We’ll cover the return shipping costs back to the customer.
What do repairs cost?
Repairs covered by our warranty are performed at our expense. For non-warranty repairs, after evaluation, we will provide an estimate after we have evaluated your product. Repairs requiring payment will never be performed without your authorization and you can opt to have your item returned as is, without repair.
- Watch Warranty
Your Filson Watch is Covered By The Shinola Limited Lifetime Warranty
The Shinola warranty covers faulty workmanship under normal use for the lifetime of the watch. In case of defects covered by the warranty, all components (excluding battery, watch strap and buckle) will be repaired or the watch will be replaced free of charge. In the case of a replacement, Shinola cannot guarantee that you will receive the same watch model. If your model is not available, a watch of equal value and similar style will be provided. A copy of the receipt and/or your completed Certificate of Warranty is required as proof of purchase. A fee of €25 will be charged for all warranty and repair services. This fee must be paid before we can ship the watch back to you, whether repaired or not. This fee is subject to change.
The Shinola Warranty Does Not Cover
- Watch strap, battery or buckle
- Damage resulting from improper handling, lack of care, accidents or normal wear and tear
- Water damage unless marked water–resistant
- This warranty is void if the watch has been damaged by accident, negligence of persons other than authorized Shinola sales or service agents, unauthorized service or other factors not due to defects in materials or workmanship.
- The following warranties and remedies are exclusive and in lieu of all other warranties, terms or conditions, express, implied or statutory, as to any matter whatsoever, including, without limitation, warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy, satisfactory quality, title, and non-infringement, all of which are expressly disclaimed by Shinola. Shinola shall not be liable for incidental, consequential, indirect, special or punitive damages or liabilities of any kind arising out of or in connection with the sale or use of this product, whether based in contract, tort (including negligence), strict product liability or any other theory, even if Shinola has been advised of the possibility of such damages and even if any limited remedy specified herein is deemed to have failed of its essential purpose. Shinola’s entire liability shall be limited to replacement or repair at Shinola’s sole option. However some countries, states, or provinces do not allow the exclusion or limitation of implied warranties or the limitation of incidental consequential damages so the above limitations and exclusions may be limited in their application to you. When implied warranties may not be excluded in their entirety, they will be limited to the duration of the applicable written warranty. This warranty gives you specific legal rights; you may have other rights that may vary depending on local law. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- If you have your watch battery replaced by any service provider other than a Shinola authorized service center, such replacement will not void your warranty, so long as such replacement is performed by an experienced and legitimate service center, (ii) is not performed in a negligent manner, and (iii) is reassembled properly, including without limitation, replacement of gasket if necessary to achieve suitable water-tightness. Shinola has the right to determine, in its sole and absolute discretion, if any such third party battery replacement voids your warranty.
Requesting Warranty And Other Watch Repair
Should you require work under warranty, please contact our Customer Care team at email@example.com to request a Return/Repair Form. Do not send original packaging, as it will not be returned. Filson highly recommends you insure your parcel and adequately protect the watch during shipment. Filson is not responsible for product lost or damaged during shipment.
For service work that is not covered under this warranty, the service center may perform the services you request for a charge dependent on watch style and type of work requested. Such charges will be notified and agreed by you prior to performing the services. In addition to repair charges, if required, a service and handling fee of €25.00 will be charged for all repairs and warranty services. This fee must be paid before we can ship the watch back to you, whether repaired or not. This fee is subject to change.
If You Have any Questions Regarding Your Watch, Please Contact Customer Care firstname.lastname@example.org.