We’re glad to announce in-store shopping has resumed in select locations. Check our Store Locator page for updates on your local store. In the interest of everyone’s health, we’re limiting occupancy, marking safe distances, and maintaining rigorous store cleanings. Additionally, curbside pick-up is available for phone orders. Because when we say “Through Any Weather,” we’re not just referring to frigid lakeside mornings or sudden campsite downpours. It’s our mission to equip you with unfailing goods, no matter what unforeseen circumstances the world throws our way.
Below are some of the measures we’re taking in our stores to keep everyone healthy and safe, in accordance with WHO and CDC guidelines. We’ve also teamed up with our neighbors at Outdoor Research to address the ongoing shortage of personal protective equipment by manufacturing masks for those in need. Read more on that initiative here.
All Filson team members should be in gloves and a face mask immediately upon entering the store.
Protocols for Store Staff
PRIOR TO STORE OPEN:
- Clean and disinfect public and high touch surfaces (door handles, cashwraps, phones, etc).
- Clean and disinfect staff stockroom and bathroom facilities. Ensure you are wiping down all appliances, work surfaces, and manager desk.
- Sanitize register systems following the VeriFone and MPOS register guidelines.
- Ensure hand sanitizing station is set up and ready for customer use. Hand sanitizing station needs to include the following and be located immediately within store entry:
- Hand Sanitizer
- Gloves for customer use
- A no-touch trash can
- Hand Sanitizer station signage
- Ensure fitting rooms are closed and signed as such.
- Ensure the restroom is closed to customers and signed as such.
- Ensure quarantined merchandise is removed from hold locations if 48 hours have passed.
DURING STORE OPERATIONS:
- Sanitize the cashwrap and point-of-sale after each transaction.
- Sanitize employee stock room surfaces after each employee’s break periods and after each use including lunch tables, stockroom processing tables, and managers desk.
- Check on sanitizing station periodically throughout the day to ensure it is fully stocked.
- Sanitize high touch surfaces periodically throughout the day every two hours.
AFTER STORE CLOSE:
- Remove all trash from the store location.
- Sweep and mop floors.
- Full facility clean.
Additional Measures Taken by Filson for Store and Manufacturing Teams
- Provide sanitizer, gloves, tissues, and other cleaning materials for use, when necessary
- Increase ventilation rates and increase the percentage of outdoor air in circulation:
- This will include but is not limited to, keeping windows and doors open for circulation
- Screen employees before they report to work:
- Temperatures taken upon arrival
- Employee completes screening questions
- Implementation of an in-depth daily cleaning regime, consisting of:
- Twice daily deep cleanings of facilities
- Sanitization of high touch areas before and after breaks & lunches
- Partnering with employees to sanitize workstations at the end of shifts
- For stores that are allowed to be open based on state and city guidelines
- Operate at 25% occupancy or five (5) customers per 1,000 square feet, whichever is less.
- In addition, employees must not knowingly allow customers to congregate within six feet of one another, excluding families, and follow relevant CDC and DHEC guidelines.