Shelter Cloth Packer Coat
A longer cut coat and classic rancher styling
To order by phone, please call 1-866-860-8906
Our Packer Coat is cut from rugged Shelter Cloth for water-repellent, wind-resistant, breathable performance and boasts zero break-in time. It features a heavy-duty, two-way brass zipper with a wind-guard behind and storm flap in front, a one-piece cape, a cotton moleskin-lined collar and a hidden snap tab to secure a stand-up collar. When the barometer drops, add an Outfitter Vest/Liner. Average length in back; 33". Made in USA.
- Alaska Fit
- Water Repellent.
- One piece cape over shoulders, upper back and sleeves creates two full layers of protection; 2 buttons on back of collar for optional Shelter Cloth Packer Hood; rear gusset for freedom of movement.
- Heavy duty two way brass front zipper; storm flap with snaps.
- 4 large front pockets with snap flaps; 4 utility slots sewn over upper left front pocket; 2 hand warmer pockets under lower front pockets; 1 interior left chest pocket.
- Adjustable snap tab cuffs.
- Moleskin-lined snap tab collar.
- Coat sold separately, liner not included
- Formerly style #461N
Accepts any of four zip-in vest liners.
Wipe or brush clean only.
Made in USA of imported fabric.
Comments: I have worked as a construction superintendent from Alaska to New Zealand over the past 30 years. Since my work is mostly outside I have searched for warm serviceable coats, never really finding anything that I could endorse. About 3 years ago my son gave me a Filson shelter cloth Packer coat. Since then I have worn it in some pretty miserable weather; winter along the Columbia river 50 miles inland from the Pacific coast, The high plains of eastern New Mexico and now starting the winter season near Yakima, Washington. I could not ask for a better work coat it stands up to wind and rain and I can't wear it without having someone ask "where did you get that coat, I'd sure like to have one". Needless to say, I'm sold! Thanks you,
Mike H Cochran