Senior Credit and Collections Analyst » Seattle WA
In 1897 C.C. Filson began outfitting prospectors headed for the Gold Rush with tools and apparel strong enough for the toughest spots on earth. More than 100 years later, Filson remains committed to providing pioneers of all fields around the world with unfailing goods made from the highest quality materials available.
Filson recognizes that it takes a world-class team to make a world-class product. As we build on the Filson legacy of American craftsmanship, we are looking for individuals who share our dedication to innovation, excellence, and superior customer service.
Senior Credit & Collections Analyst
The Senior Credit & Collections Analyst will work closely with other credit department staff to ensure accurate and timely processing of new account setup, credit assessments, accounts receivable monitoring, and follow-up of customer inquiries. They will develop and improve processes and procedures to advance the credit function at Filson and will partner cross-functionally to communicate these policies and develop relationships with key stakeholders. Lastly, they will help develop and track metrics and actively work to improve those metrics over time.
While the ideal candidate should possess a courteous and professional demeanor with customers, they will also need to remain assertive and confident. The candidate should be organized, flexible, analytical and resilient when trying to resolve collection matters.
- Follow established guidelines to process credit paperwork and setup new accounts. Complete new account applications by processing trade and bank references and interpreting credit reports and financial information.
- Maintain collections of assigned customers, both domestic and international.
- Continually monitor and update customer credit holds and determine which orders to release for shipment.
- Routinely perform credit evaluation on existing accounts.
- Manage bankruptcy administration, reserves, and bad debt.
- Maintain appropriate customer data in ERP system.
- Develop relationships with internal and external customers and accounts.
- Actively work with cross-functional teams with the goal of driving process improvements.
- Communicate and enforce company credit policy and procedures.
- Document processes and procedures.
- Supervise daily activities of other credit department staff.
- Develop credit related goals and track progress towards those goals.
- Develop, calculate and report relevant key performance indicators.
- Report on past due accounts and other relevant information to key stakeholders.
- Maintain accurate and complete documentation of all collection activity and credit files.
- Serve as backup to other AR functions as needed.
Note: This job description is not meant to be all-inclusive. Employee may be required to perform other duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Evaluation of available credit reports
- Ability to respond tactfully to sensitive inquiries or complaints, and maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Strong negotiating and organization skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Outlook and Word.
- Advanced Excel Skills to include knowledge of lookups & pivot tables.
- Ability to take initiative and prioritize tasks; good time-management, organizational, problem-prevention and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work accurately with close attention to detail.
- Willingness to adapt to changing business needs and deadlines.
- Ability to study and apply new information, to think and act innovatively and creatively.
Education and Experience
- 5 years industry experience in similar role
- Associates degree required. Bachelor degree in Accounting or related field preferred.
- Knowledge of Dynamics AX a plus
- Financial statement analysis a plus
Filson is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that every employee has the right to work in surroundings which are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is our policy that all decisions involving any aspect of the employment relationship will be made without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability, veteran and military status, genetic information, political ideology or any other status or characteristic protected by local, state or federal law. Discrimination and/or harassment based on any of those factors are totally inconsistent with our philosophy of doing business and will not be tolerated.
With regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, the company offers what the law refers to as "reasonable accommodation" to enable a person to perform his or her job.
Affectionately known as the "Emerald City", Seattle offers the best in combining a cosmopolitan vibe with a stunning natural backdrop that includes mountains, water, and lush greenery. There is something for everyone - theatre, boating, snow and water skiing, the symphony, gardens, bike paths, technology, micro breweries, fine dining, vibrant neighborhoods, hiking, shopping, fishing, outdoor festivals, and world class markets. Whatever you like, you can do it in Seattle and surrounding areas. Seattle offers all 4 seasons with its oceanic climate - typically not too hot or too cold. With a rainy reputation, it is surprising to note that Seattle typically gets less rain than Boston, New York, or Atlanta. We love our coffee, our ethnic and cultural diversity, and the natural beauty of the area. We are proud to call Seattle home since 1897.