In 1897 C.C. Filson began outfitting prospectors headed for the Gold Rush with tools and apparel strong enough for the toughest spots on earth. More than 100 years later, Filson remains committed to providing pioneers of all fields around the world with unfailing goods made from the highest quality materials available.
Filson recognizes that it takes a world-class team to make a world-class product. As we build on the Filson legacy of American craftsmanship, we are looking for individuals who share our dedication to innovation, excellence, and superior customer service. If you are up to the challenge then we want to hear from you.
Factory Assistant Store Manager:
The Factory Assistant Manager will support the Manager in the store's day-to-day operations as well as help to develop the Filson brand and market Filson's high-quality products.
- Provide exceptional service to all customers through sales, customer service and clienteling.
- Be a contagiously enthusiastic advocate of the brand.
- Help manager train and manage sales associates.
- Help the Manager achieve store goals and daily/monthly/yearly plans.
- Help hold sales associates accountable for achieving productivity standards.
- Support and enhance an exceptional customer service experience by creating an environment that is friendly, helpful and inviting.
- Ensure that Filson Standards and Operating Standards are met or exceeded to support brand consistency.
- Manage coverage of all areas of the sales floor.
- Address and document unsatisfactory performance and policy violations.
- Perform manager on-duty functions when the Store Manager is away.
- Support the Store Manager in managing schedule and business plan.
Note: This job description is not meant to be all-inclusive. Employee may be required to perform other duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to delegate and follow-up on tasks and assignments
- Comfortable exercising judgment and managing in a fast-paced environment
- High school graduate or equivalent required, college degree preferred
- Minimum 2-years retail experience, and 1 to 2 years supervisory experience
- Open availability and flexibility to work nights, weekends, and openings and closings according to the needs of the business
- Able to lift and carry 30 pounds
- Able to reach overhead
- Able to pull clothing and luggage from shelves
- Able to bend, kneel, or stoop
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
Note: This job description is not meant to be all-inclusive. Employee may be required to perform other duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization
Filson is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that every employee has the right to work in surroundings which are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is our policy that all decisions involving any aspect of the employment relationship will be made without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability, veteran and military status, genetic information, political ideology or any other status or characteristic protected by local, state or federal law. Discrimination and/or harassment based on any of those factors are totally inconsistent with our philosophy of doing business and will not be tolerated.
With regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, the company offers what the law refers to as "reasonable accommodation" to enable a person to perform his or her job.
Affectionately known as the "Emerald City", Seattle offers the best in combining a cosmopolitan vibe with a stunning natural backdrop that includes mountains, water, and lush greenery. There is something for everyone - theatre, boating, snow and water skiing, the symphony, gardens, bike paths, technology, micro breweries, fine dining, vibrant neighborhoods, hiking, shopping, fishing, outdoor festivals, and world class markets. Whatever you like, you can do it in Seattle and surrounding areas. Seattle offers all 4 seasons with its oceanic climate - typically not too hot or too cold. With a rainy reputation, it is surprising to note that Seattle typically gets less rain than Boston, New York, or Atlanta. We love our coffee, our ethnic and cultural diversity, and the natural beauty of the area. We are proud to call Seattle home since 1897.