Distribution Support Representative » Seattle WA
Title: Distribution Support Representative
Department: Distribution Center
Reports To: Distribution Center Manager
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists and supports the Distribution Center Manager in the day-to-day management of the distribution center.
- Maintains records, receives, prepares or verifies documents, searching for and compiling information and data; responding to routine request with answers by phone, in person, or by correspondence.
- Performs daily office tasks such as filing, recording, maintaining records, copying, posting, and other similar duties, following organization and department procedures to complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Run and distribute department reports and correspondence for warehouse.
- May assist with one or all of the following: verifies receipts against purchase orders, processes customer returns on a daily basis, assist with packing and pick slips, maintain inbound receiving records and assist with log tracking.
- Act as primary point of contact between DC and internal customers.
- Requester for inventory adjustments.
- Payroll processing.
- Manages daily/monthly/yearly DC metrics.
- Manages vendor compliance requirements for the DC.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Good organizational skills, ability to multitask, sense of urgency and professionalism.
- Good written and verbal communication.
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently.
- Must be able to work in a warehouse environment.
- Proven ability to manage change successfully.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to ensure facility compliance in all aspects of health and safety
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 5 years general clerical/office experience preferred.
- 1-2 years of managerial experience.
- Basic office and computer skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met of any employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform those essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- Regularly sit and stand
- Use hands, fingers, and arms to use computers and other office equipment
- Use hands, fingers, and arms to lift, squeeze, pinch, grab products/items/supplies
- Reach up, across, or down to retrieve products and supplies
- See, talk, and hear
- Occasionally required to walk
- Occasionally required to move or lift up to 30 pounds
- Carry products throughout facility to workspace
Specific vision abilities required by this job include the ability to view and read text on computer screen and printed material.
Filson is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that every employee has the right to work in surroundings which are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is our policy that all decisions involving any aspect of the employment relationship will be made without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability, veteran and military status, genetic information, political ideology or any other status or characteristic protected by local, state or federal law. Discrimination and/or harassment based on any of those factors are totally inconsistent with our philosophy of doing business and will not be tolerated.
With regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, the company offers what the law refers to as "reasonable accommodation" to enable a person to perform his or her job.
Affectionately known as the "Emerald City", Seattle offers the best in combining a cosmopolitan vibe with a stunning natural backdrop that includes mountains, water, and lush greenery. There is something for everyone - theatre, boating, snow and water skiing, the symphony, gardens, bike paths, technology, micro breweries, fine dining, vibrant neighborhoods, hiking, shopping, fishing, outdoor festivals, and world class markets. Whatever you like, you can do it in Seattle and surrounding areas. Seattle offers all 4 seasons with its oceanic climate - typically not too hot or too cold. With a rainy reputation, it is surprising to note that Seattle typically gets less rain than Boston, New York, or Atlanta. We love our coffee, our ethnic and cultural diversity, and the natural beauty of the area. We are proud to call Seattle home since 1897.