Our history begins in 1897 when C.C. Filson designed Mackinaw Wool apparel and rugged boots to outfit the explorers of the great Klondike Gold Rush. Filson designed and manufactured durable outdoor clothing for miners, loggers, fishermen, mariners, and explorers who spent time working the harsh wilderness between Washington and Alaska. He built products using the highest quality materials available and treated his customers with a level of respect and honesty that was an unheard of in his time. Over 100 years later, the company stands by the same guiding principles. When a customer buys a Filson product, they can be confident that it will withstand the test of time.
Filson's new NOHO boutique will be introducing this Northwest heritage brand to New York customers, showcasing both our classic apparel and our new metropolitan inspired styles.
Assistant Store Manager:
The Assistant Manager will support the Manager in the store's day-to-day operations as well as help to develop the Filson brand and market Filson's high-quality products in New York's NOHO neighborhood.
- Drive sales results in the store by training and motivating associates and modeling excellent sales generations and customer service techniques.
- Identify ways to drive sales generation and ensure action is taken to achieve goals.
- Help the Manager achieve branding goals.
- Help hold sales associates accountable for achieving productivity standards.
- Support, model, and enhance the seamless customer service focus by creating an environment that is friendly, helpful, knowledgeable, and quick for customers and co-workers.
- Ensure that Filson Standards and Operating Standards are met or exceeded to support brand consistency.
- Manage coverage of all areas of the sales floor to maintain and exceed sales generation focus.
- Ensure the store delivers a superior customer experience, addresses customer complaints, and coaches supervisors in addressing difficult customer issues.
- Train and develop sales associates.
- Address and document unsatisfactory performance and policy violations of supervisors and sales associates through administration of disciplinary action and performance counseling.
- Perform manager on-duty functions when the Store Manager is away.
- Support the Store Manager in managing payroll to business plan.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to delegate and follow-up on tasks and assignments
- Comfortable exercising discretion and judgment, and managing in a fast-paced environment
- High school graduate or equivalent required, college degree preferred
- Minimum 3-years retail experience, and 1 to 2 years supervisory experience
- Open availability and flexibility to work nights, weekends, and openings and closings according to the needs of the business
- Able to stand for 8 hours
- Able to lift and carry 30 pounds
- Able to reach overhead
- Able to pull clothing and luggage from shelves
- Able to bend, kneel, or stoop
Filson is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that every employee has the right to work in surroundings which are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is our policy that all decisions involving any aspect of the employment relationship will be made without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability, veteran and military status, genetic information, political ideology or any other status or characteristic protected by local, state or federal law. Discrimination and/or harassment based on any of those factors are totally inconsistent with our philosophy of doing business and will not be tolerated.
With regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, the company offers what the law refers to as "reasonable accommodation" to enable a person to perform his or her job.
Affectionately known as the "Emerald City", Seattle offers the best in combining a cosmopolitan vibe with a stunning natural backdrop that includes mountains, water, and lush greenery. There is something for everyone - theatre, boating, snow and water skiing, the symphony, gardens, bike paths, technology, micro breweries, fine dining, vibrant neighborhoods, hiking, shopping, fishing, outdoor festivals, and world class markets. Whatever you like, you can do it in Seattle and surrounding areas. Seattle offers all 4 seasons with its oceanic climate - typically not too hot or too cold. With a rainy reputation, it is surprising to note that Seattle typically gets less rain than Boston, New York, or Atlanta. We love our coffee, our ethnic and cultural diversity, and the natural beauty of the area. We are proud to call Seattle home since 1897.