In 1897 C.C. Filson began outfitting prospectors headed for the Gold Rush with tools and apparel strong enough for the toughest spots on earth. More than 100 years later, Filson remains committed to providing pioneers of all fields around the world with unfailing goods made from the highest quality materials available.
Filson recognizes that it takes a world-class team to make a world-class product. As we build on the Filson legacy of American craftsmanship, we are looking for individuals who share our dedication to innovation, excellence, and superior customer service.
As a member of Filson's Creative Team, the Junior Copywriter works closely with the Senior Copywriter to express the Filson Brand. This person is tasked with assist.
- Write clear and persuasive copy for websites, brochures, ads, and other means of advertising;
- Develop new and unique concepts;
- Revise, edit, and proofread content as needed or directed;
- Respond to feedback in a timely manner;
- Work within tight deadlines;
- Monitor and adjust advertising campaigns to increase effectiveness;
- Research competitors and keep abreast of market trends;
- Explore different ideas and concepts for both the visual and verbal elements in tandem with the creative team; and
- Work effectively across teams to create and complete projects.
Note: This job description is not meant to be all-inclusive. Employee may be required to perform other duties to meet the on-going needs of the organization.
- 2-3 years of copywriting experience, hunting, shooting, workwear, or men's wear companies preferred
- Strong copywriting skills
- Bachelors Degree in Writing, English, Journalism, or related discipline
- Ability to work under strict deadlines
- Highly motivated and detail oriented
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Team player with enthusiasm for the creative environment
- Macintosh InDesign and Microsoft Word experience
- Must be able to sit for up to 8 hours
- Must be able to type and work at a computer
- Able to read and work from a computer screen for up to 8 hours
Filson is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that every employee has the right to work in surroundings which are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is our policy that all decisions involving any aspect of the employment relationship will be made without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability, veteran and military status, genetic information, political ideology or any other status or characteristic protected by local, state or federal law. Discrimination and/or harassment based on any of those factors are totally inconsistent with our philosophy of doing business and will not be tolerated.
With regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, the company offers what the law refers to as "reasonable accommodation" to enable a person to perform his or her job.
Affectionately known as the "Emerald City", Seattle offers the best in combining a cosmopolitan vibe with a stunning natural backdrop that includes mountains, water, and lush greenery. There is something for everyone - theatre, boating, snow and water skiing, the symphony, gardens, bike paths, technology, micro breweries, fine dining, vibrant neighborhoods, hiking, shopping, fishing, outdoor festivals, and world class markets. Whatever you like, you can do it in Seattle and surrounding areas. Seattle offers all 4 seasons with its oceanic climate - typically not too hot or too cold. With a rainy reputation, it is surprising to note that Seattle typically gets less rain than Boston, New York, or Atlanta. We love our coffee, our ethnic and cultural diversity, and the natural beauty of the area. We are proud to call Seattle home since 1897.