Senior Copywriter » Seattle WA
In 1897 C.C. Filson began outfitting prospectors headed for the Gold Rush with tools and apparel strong enough for the toughest spots on earth. More than 100 years later, Filson remains committed to providing pioneers of all fields around the world with unfailing goods made from the highest quality materials available.
Filson recognizes that it takes a world-class team to make a world-class product. As we build on the Filson legacy of American craftsmanship, we are looking for individuals who share our dedication to innovation, excellence, and superior customer service.
As a member of Filson's Creative Team, the Senior Copywriter is responsible for expressing Filson's brand personality. This person is tasked with producing high volumes of quality copy for catalogs, web, and other projects, with an eye toward enhancing the company brand and offering customers a reason to buy.
The Senior Copywriter will be responsible for the following:
- A wide variety of special projects including headlines and body copies for advertising, catalog, e-mail messages, social media posts, product video scripts, customer communications, and blog content;
- Creating description copy that is accurate, economical, and consistent;
- Maintaining the production tracking system;
- Working with the Merchandising team to determine unique selling propositions;
- Mentoring the freelance copywriters with regard to both copy concepts and product details; and
- This person must be self-motivated, able to work independently, able to multi-task, and capable of developing and presenting creative/marketing concepts.
Note: This job description is not meant to be all-inclusive. Employee may be required to perform other duties to meet the on-going needs of the organization.
- Minimum of 5 Years of Copywriting experience, preferably in the hunting, shooting, workwear, or men's wear companies
- Strong copywriting skills and understanding of customer motivation
- Bachelors Degree in Writing, English, Journalism, or related discipline
- Ability to work under strict deadlines
- Highly motivated and detail oriented
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Team player with enthusiasm for the creative environment
- Macintosh InDesign and Microsoft Word experience
- Hunting, shooting, camping, or fishing experience a plus
- Able to sit and work at a computer for 8 hours at a time
Filson is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that every employee has the right to work in surroundings which are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is our policy that all decisions involving any aspect of the employment relationship will be made without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability, veteran and military status, genetic information, political ideology or any other status or characteristic protected by local, state or federal law. Discrimination and/or harassment based on any of those factors are totally inconsistent with our philosophy of doing business and will not be tolerated.
With regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, the company offers what the law refers to as "reasonable accommodation" to enable a person to perform his or her job.
Affectionately known as the "Emerald City", Seattle offers the best in combining a cosmopolitan vibe with a stunning natural backdrop that includes mountains, water, and lush greenery. There is something for everyone - theatre, boating, snow and water skiing, the symphony, gardens, bike paths, technology, micro breweries, fine dining, vibrant neighborhoods, hiking, shopping, fishing, outdoor festivals, and world class markets. Whatever you like, you can do it in Seattle and surrounding areas. Seattle offers all 4 seasons with its oceanic climate - typically not too hot or too cold. With a rainy reputation, it is surprising to note that Seattle typically gets less rain than Boston, New York, or Atlanta. We love our coffee, our ethnic and cultural diversity, and the natural beauty of the area. We are proud to call Seattle home since 1897.