Sewing Machine Operator - Garments » Post Falls ID
In 1897 C.C. Filson began outfitting prospectors headed for the Gold Rush with tools and apparel strong enough for the toughest spots on earth. More than 100 years later, Filson remains committed to providing pioneers of all fields around the world with unfailing goods made from the highest quality materials available.
Filson recognizes that it takes a world-class team to make a world-class product. As we build on the Filson legacy of American craftsmanship, we are looking for individuals who share our dedication to innovation, excellence, and superior customer service.
Sewing Machine Operator - Garments
Reporting to the Production Supervisor, Garment Sewers work on a manufacturing sewing line producing garments and outerwear.
- Trim excess thread using cutting tools, trimmers, and sewing machines
- Sew fabric to make clothing
- Experience in garment manufacturing a plus
- Experience using and operating sewing machines preferred
- Detail oriented
- Ability to follow instructions
- Ability to communicate and understand English
- Safety oriented
- Team player
- Willingness and able to learn new things
- Basic math skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met of any employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform those essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- Regularly to sit for 8 hour shifts
- Use hands and fingers to work cutting tools, trimmers, and machinery
- Use hands, fingers, and arms to lift, squeeze, pinch, grab products/items/supplies
- Use feet to hold and press pedal on machinery
- Reach up, across, or down to retrieve products and supplies
- See, talk, and hear.
- Occasionally required to move or lift up to 10 pounds
- Carry products throughout facility to workspace
Filson is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that every employee has the right to work in surroundings which are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is our policy that all decisions involving any aspect of the employment relationship will be made without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability, veteran and military status, genetic information, political ideology or any other status or characteristic protected by local, state or federal law. Discrimination and/or harassment based on any of those factors are totally inconsistent with our philosophy of doing business and will not be tolerated.
With regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, the company offers what the law refers to as "reasonable accommodation" to enable a person to perform his or her job.