In 1897 C.C. Filson began outfitting prospectors headed for the Gold Rush with tools and apparel strong enough for the toughest spots on earth. More than 100 years later, Filson remains committed to providing pioneers of all fields around the world with unfailing goods made from the highest quality materials available.
Filson recognizes that it takes a world-class team to make a world-class product. As we build on the Filson legacy of American craftsmanship, we are looking for individuals who share our dedication to innovation, excellence, and superior customer service.
The Manager of Product Development & Innovation is attentive to quality, has exemplary customer service skills and a strong degree of ownership. This role works closely with designers, suppliers, planners and production both internally and externally.
Manager of Product Development & Innovation
- Manages area of ownership to meet calendar deadlines to ensure that products are delivered on time and within gross profit goals.
- Responsible for meeting design, function and quality goals.
- Manages the product creation process from design hand off to production.
- Ensure that all products are engineered in accordance with cost targets, and to meet company/product goals.
- Establish strong working relationships with cross function divisional teams to ensure product success.
- Work with Manager to develop sourcing strategy.
- Constantly evaluate and support evolution of the product development process through education of development team and process change.
- Develop and engineer products to meet/exceed Filson standards.
- Manages and resolves any quality issues post production.
- Manage and mentor any direct reports.
- Minor product design and sketching required.
- Additional duties assigned as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Textile, Fashion Merchandising, Design or equivalent years of experience
- 7 years of experience in product development, design or production in garment manufacturing
- Has developed down-filled products, worked with outerwear needing seam-sealing, or winter gear for extreme cold weather
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Exceptionally strong problem solving and negotiating skills
- Ability to provide leadership, supervision and direction to peers in apparel development
- Demonstrated experience in managing product gross margin and operating expense
- Strong quantitative skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Travel required
Filson is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that every employee has the right to work in surroundings which are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is our policy that all decisions involving any aspect of the employment relationship will be made without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability, veteran and military status, genetic information, political ideology or any other status or characteristic protected by local, state or federal law. Discrimination and/or harassment based on any of those factors are totally inconsistent with our philosophy of doing business and will not be tolerated.
With regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, the company offers what the law refers to as "reasonable accommodation" to enable a person to perform his or her job.
Affectionately known as the "Emerald City", Seattle offers the best in combining a cosmopolitan vibe with a stunning natural backdrop that includes mountains, water, and lush greenery. There is something for everyone - theatre, boating, snow and water skiing, the symphony, gardens, bike paths, technology, micro breweries, fine dining, vibrant neighborhoods, hiking, shopping, fishing, outdoor festivals, and world class markets. Whatever you like, you can do it in Seattle and surrounding areas. Seattle offers all 4 seasons with its oceanic climate - typically not too hot or too cold. With a rainy reputation, it is surprising to note that Seattle typically gets less rain than Boston, New York, or Atlanta. We love our coffee, our ethnic and cultural diversity, and the natural beauty of the area. We are proud to call Seattle home since 1897.