In 1897 C.C. Filson began outfitting prospectors headed for the Gold Rush with tools and apparel strong enough for the toughest spots on earth. More than 100 years later, Filson remains committed to providing pioneers of all fields around the world with unfailing goods made from the highest quality materials available.
Filson recognizes that it takes a world-class team to make a world-class product. As we build on the Filson legacy of American craftsmanship, we are looking for individuals who share our dedication to innovation, excellence, and superior customer service.
Human Resources Business Partner
Reporting to the Director of Human Resources, and acting as a key member of the Human Resources team, the Human Resources Business Partner provides guidance and administers HR programs, policies, practices and processes for the manufacturing and distribution channels. This role helps implement integrated HR initiatives and solutions to advance organizational objectives. The Human Resources Business Partner will have daily interactions with employees and Human Resources vendors.
Employee & Labor Relations
- Works toward the development of a positive employee relations climate.
- Provides coaching to managers on the resolution of sensitive employee situations, including performance improvement, disciplinary actions and terminations.
- Conducts thorough, effective and objective workplace investigations as necessary.
- Advises on documentation needed for employee actions and provides coaching to managers in communicating and executing corrective actions and other sensitive communication.
- Reviews employee complaints and ensures accurate and timely documentation of issues and facilitates actions to resolve them; escalates issues to HR Director as appropriate.
- Actively engages with management to acquire basic knowledge of business operations and employee performance and conduct expectations.
- Attends occasional departmental staff meetings to act as an HR informational resource. Maintains a knowledge Filson's of compensation and benefit programs.
Talent Acquisition and Management
- Assists in the management of relationships with third party recruiting firms.
- Posts and manages new position requisitions, and identifies additional advertising channels as appropriate.
- Maintain positive candidate relationships and ensure the candidate experience is reflective of the spirit of our organization.
- Assists HR Director in monitoring wages within the labor market to determine competitive wage rates. Organize and conduct all employee new hire orientations and exit interviews ensuring follow-up on documentation.
Cultural Change Agent
- Assist HR Director in identifying organizational issues and designing appropriate solutions which may include: change management initiatives, enhanced communication or team-building activities, identification of training needs, or meeting facilitation.
- Assist in designing change strategies that build upon our performance culture.
- Ensure effective utilization and alignment of human resources with business needs.
- Partner with assigned units to administer employee engagement surveys and assessments.
- Become a regular presence in business units.
Training & Development
- Conduct internal management and staff training on system and policy rollouts.
- Track and maintain rosters and certifications.
- Coordinate with external vendors regarding training and development opportunities.
- Reinforce workflow and policies for various business units.
- Analyze and evaluate companywide training needs.
Regulatory Filings & Compliance
- Initiate, maintain, and track all leaves of absences including FMLA & ADA.
- Oversee safety program and OSHA reporting/workplace injuries.
- Respond to unemployment claims and various regulatory survey requests.
- Ensure CBA adherence and compliance.
- Stay up to date on employment law changes to reduce risk and liability for company.
- Strong Program Management experience and skills; exceptional at various communication mechanisms
- Technical aptitude Highly analytical and structured
- Strong business judgment and good commercial instincts
- Has relentlessly high standards
- Thinks strategically and for the long-term, but stays on top of tactical execution
- Expects and requires innovation from their peers
- Thinks big and has convictions Is action and results oriented
- Will have proven the ability to work on a team and direct people without having supervision over them
- Will have superb program/project management skills and analytical prowess
- Will have strong analytical and business skills
- Will be adept at coaching; direct but subtle at all levels
- Will have operated at a fast pace; preferably in an organization experiencing hyper-growth in new markets
- Will have delivered change and measurable results in environments with high levels of ambiguity where proven structures or complete data are not the norm
- 5+ years experience in HR Generalist role required
- PHR certified preferred
- BA Degree required
- Experience in manufacturing environment preferred
- Experience in union shop preferred
- Ability to travel to Idaho 6 times a year
Filson is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that every employee has the right to work in surroundings which are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is our policy that all decisions involving any aspect of the employment relationship will be made without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability, veteran and military status, genetic information, political ideology or any other status or characteristic protected by local, state or federal law. Discrimination and/or harassment based on any of those factors are totally inconsistent with our philosophy of doing business and will not be tolerated.
With regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, the company offers what the law refers to as "reasonable accommodation" to enable a person to perform his or her job.
Affectionately known as the "Emerald City", Seattle offers the best in combining a cosmopolitan vibe with a stunning natural backdrop that includes mountains, water, and lush greenery. There is something for everyone - theatre, boating, snow and water skiing, the symphony, gardens, bike paths, technology, micro breweries, fine dining, vibrant neighborhoods, hiking, shopping, fishing, outdoor festivals, and world class markets. Whatever you like, you can do it in Seattle and surrounding areas. Seattle offers all 4 seasons with its oceanic climate - typically not too hot or too cold. With a rainy reputation, it is surprising to note that Seattle typically gets less rain than Boston, New York, or Atlanta. We love our coffee, our ethnic and cultural diversity, and the natural beauty of the area. We are proud to call Seattle home since 1897.