In 1897 C.C. Filson began outfitting prospectors headed for the Gold Rush with tools and apparel strong enough for the toughest spots on earth. More than 100 years later, Filson remains committed to providing pioneers of all fields around the world with unfailing goods made from the highest quality materials available.
Filson recognizes that it takes a world-class team to make a world-class product. As we build on the Filson legacy of American craftsmanship, we are looking for individuals who share our dedication to innovation, excellence, and superior customer service.
Sr. Product Line Manager
The Sr. Product Line Manager is attentive to quality, has exemplary customer service skills and a strong degree of ownership. This role works closely with designers, suppliers, planners and production both internally and externally.
- Creation and management of seasonal development calendar to meet all necessary deadlines.
- Creation and management of seasonal product line plans.
- Responsible for meeting design, function and quality goals.
- Manages the product creation process from design hand off to production.
- Ensure that all products are engineered in accordance with cost targets.
- Establish strong working relationships with cross function divisional teams to ensure product success.
- Lead the product development team through the execution of the sourcing strategy.
- Constantly evaluate and support evolution of the product development process through education of development team and process change.
- Develop and engineer products to meet/exceed Filson standards by partnering with QA/QC during development and post production.
- Manage department budget to financial plan.
- Bachelor's degree in Textile, Fashion Merchandising, Design or equivalent years of experience
- 7 years of experience in product development, merchandising, planning, and design or production in garment manufacturing with working knowledge of casual apparel, technical apparel, and vast array of fabrications.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Exceptionally strong problem solving and negotiating skills
- Ability to provide leadership, supervision and direction to peers in apparel development
- Demonstrated experience in managing product gross margin and operating expense
- Strong quantitative skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability and willingness to travel
Affectionately known as the "Emerald City", Seattle offers the best in combining a cosmopolitan vibe with a stunning natural backdrop that includes mountains, water, and lush greenery. There is something for everyone - theatre, boating, snow and water skiing, the symphony, gardens, bike paths, technology, micro breweries, fine dining, vibrant neighborhoods, hiking, shopping, fishing, outdoor festivals, and world class markets. Whatever you like, you can do it in Seattle and surrounding areas. Seattle offers all 4 seasons with its oceanic climate - typically not too hot or too cold. With a rainy reputation, it is surprising to note that Seattle typically gets less rain than Boston, New York, or Atlanta. We love our coffee, our ethnic and cultural diversity, and the natural beauty of the area. We are proud to call Seattle home since 1897.