Senior Color Technician and Production Artist » Seattle WA
In 1897 C.C. Filson began outfitting prospectors headed for the Gold Rush with tools and apparel strong enough for the toughest spots on earth. More than 100 years later, Filson remains committed to providing pioneers of all fields around the world with unfailing goods made from the highest quality materials available.
Filson recognizes that it takes a world-class team to make a world-class product. As we build on the Filson legacy of American craftsmanship, we are looking for individuals who share our dedication to innovation, excellence, and superior customer service.
Senior Color Technician and Production Artist
Seeking a Senior Color Technician and Production Artist whose primary role will consist of photo manipulation and color correction of supplied images. Candidates must be able to communicate and work closely with Art Directors, Designers, and Photography Studio to insure accurate representation of images for final output. Strong attention to detail and accuracy are a must.
- Collect, organize, manipulate, color correct, and maintain image files for output/delivery based on supplied production specs using InDesign, PhotoShop, Illustrator CS6 and/or other design programs.
- Communicate with designers, art directors, and print production to insure high quality images are prepared for printing.
- Develop proofs to produce layout / imprint / plate for client and/or manager.
- Assist in the creation of annual product catalog, weekly e-blasts, and brochures (as needed).
- Present samples / proofs to manager / customer service or client for selection and approval.
- Review final layout and suggest improvements as needed and present final layout to manager / customer service and/or client for approval.
- Prepare final layout for printer on paper, file, or disk. Check proofs.
- Review quality of final product before release to client.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university
- 10+ Years experience in a Color Management and production art environment, including print layout, photo manipulation, and color correction.
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent color correction and photo manipulation skills. Experience with Apparel retouching preferred.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, esp. Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign
- Comfortable working on Macintosh platform
- Proficient in prioritizing and organizing multiple assignments with a demonstrated record of meeting deadlines
- Knowledge of Print Production Proofing Systems, profiles, and media.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to interpret and execute design ideas directly from Art Director, designers, and management.
- Color calibration experience
Note: This job description is not meant to be all-inclusive. Employee may be required to perform other duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Affectionately known as the "Emerald City", Seattle offers the best in combining a cosmopolitan vibe with a stunning natural backdrop that includes mountains, water, and lush greenery. There is something for everyone - theatre, boating, snow and water skiing, the symphony, gardens, bike paths, technology, micro breweries, fine dining, vibrant neighborhoods, hiking, shopping, fishing, outdoor festivals, and world class markets. Whatever you like, you can do it in Seattle and surrounding areas. Seattle offers all 4 seasons with its oceanic climate - typically not too hot or too cold. With a rainy reputation, it is surprising to note that Seattle typically gets less rain than Boston, New York, or Atlanta. We love our coffee, our ethnic and cultural diversity, and the natural beauty of the area. We are proud to call Seattle home since 1897.