Warehouseman / Truck Driver » Seattle WA
In 1897 C.C. Filson began outfitting prospectors headed for the Gold Rush with tools and apparel strong enough for the toughest spots on earth. More than 100 years later, Filson remains committed to providing pioneers of all fields around the world with unfailing goods made from the highest quality materials available.
Filson recognizes that it takes a world-class team to make a world-class product. As we build on the Filson legacy of American craftsmanship, we are looking for individuals who share our dedication to innovation, excellence, and superior customer service.
The Warehouseman/Truck Driver is responsible for all materials coming into the factory and all finished goods being sent to the Distribution Center. The Warehouseman/Truck Driver is also responsible for delivering inner office mail and packages to the appropriate facilities/locations/personnel throughout the Filson network. The warehouse/Truck Driver may also be assigned other tasks by the Logistics Manager.
- Load/Unload deliveries at all Filson locations.
- Pick-Up/Deliver product to or from outside vendor locations.
- Deliver production from the Manufacturing Facilities to the Receiving Department at the DC.
- Receive and put away raw materials.
- Clean driving record
- Good organizational skills
- Team work
- Willingness to learn something new
- Self-motivated person
- Basic math skills
- High School Diploma
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met of any employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform those essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- Regularly stand and walk for extended periods of time
- Use hands, fingers, and arms to pick products and load onto carrying equipment
- Use hands, fingers, and arms to lift, squeeze, pinch, grab products/items/supplies
- Reach up, across, or down to retrieve products and supplies
- See, talk, and hear
- Ability to move or lift up to 50 pounds
- Carry products throughout facility
Specific vision abilities required by this job include the ability to view and read text on tags, printed material, and products boxes.
Note: This job description is not meant to be all-inclusive. Employee may be required to perform other duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Affectionately known as the "Emerald City", Seattle offers the best in combining a cosmopolitan vibe with a stunning natural backdrop that includes mountains, water, and lush greenery. There is something for everyone - theatre, boating, snow and water skiing, the symphony, gardens, bike paths, technology, micro breweries, fine dining, vibrant neighborhoods, hiking, shopping, fishing, outdoor festivals, and world class markets. Whatever you like, you can do it in Seattle and surrounding areas. Seattle offers all 4 seasons with its oceanic climate - typically not too hot or too cold. With a rainy reputation, it is surprising to note that Seattle typically gets less rain than Boston, New York, or Atlanta. We love our coffee, our ethnic and cultural diversity, and the natural beauty of the area. We are proud to call Seattle home since 1897.