Reporting to the Director of Human Resources, and acting as a key member of the Human Resources team, the Human Resources Business Partner provides guidance and administers HR programs, policies, practices and processes. Helps implement integrated HR initiatives and solutions to advance organizational objectives. The Human Resources Business Partner will have daily interactions with employees and Human Resources vendors.
Employee & Labor Relations
- Works toward the development of a positive employee relations climate.
- Provides coaching to managers on the resolution of sensitive employee situations, including performance improvement, disciplinary actions and terminations.
- Conducts thorough, effective and objective workplace investigations as necessary.
- Advises on documentation needed for employee actions and provides coaching to managers in communicating and executing corrective actions and other sensitive communication.
- Reviews employee complaints and ensures accurate and timely documentation of issues and facilitates actions to resolve them; escalates issues to HR Director as appropriate.
- Actively engages with management to acquire basic knowledge of business operations and employee performance and conduct expectations.
- Attends occasional departmental staff meetings to act as an HR informational resource.
- Maintains a knowledge Filson's of compensation and benefit programs.
Talent Acquisition and Management
- Assists in the management of relationships with third party recruiting firms.
- Posts and manages new position requisitions, and identifies additional advertising channels as appropriate.
- Screen candidates and facilitate final recommendations to HR Director and hiring manager.
- Maintain positive candidate relationships and ensure the candidate experience is reflective of the spirit of our organization.
- Assists HR Director in monitoring wages within the labor market to determine competitive wage rates.
- Organize and conduct all employee new hire orientations and exit interviews ensuring follow-up on documentation.
Cultural Change Agent
- Assist HR Director in identifying organizational issues and designing appropriate solutions which may include: change management initiatives, enhanced communication or team-building activities, identification of training needs, or meeting facilitation.
- Assist in designing change strategies that build upon our performance culture.
- Ensure effective utilization and alignment of human resources with business needs.
- Partner with assigned units to administer employee engagement surveys and assessments.
- Become a regular presence in business units.
Training & Development
- Conduct internal management and staff training on system and policy rollouts
- Track and maintain rosters and certifications.
- Coordinate with external vendors regarding training and development opportunities.
- Reinforce workflow and policies for various business units.
- Analyze and evaluate companywide training needs.
Regulatory Filings & Compliance
- Initiate, maintain, and track all leaves of absences including FMLA & ADA.
- EEOC filing and reporting.
- Oversee safety program and OSHA reporting/workplace injuries.
- Respond to unemployment claims and various regulatory survey requests.
- Ensure CBA adherence and compliance.
- Stay up to date on employment law changes to reduce risk and liability for company.
- Strong Program Management experience and skills; exceptional at various communication mechanisms
- Technical aptitude
- Highly analytical and structured
- Strong business judgment and good commercial instincts
- Has relentlessly high standards
- Thinks strategically and for the long-term, but stays on top of tactical execution
- Expects and requires innovation from their peers
- Thinks big and has convictions
- Is action and results oriented
- Will have proven the ability to work on a team and direct people without having supervision over them
- Will have superb program/project management skills and analytical prowess
- Will have strong analytical and business skills
- Will be adept at coaching; direct but subtle at all levels
- Will have operated at a fast pace; preferably in an organization experiencing hyper-growth in new markets
- Will have delivered change and measurable results in environments with high levels of ambiguity where proven structures or complete data are not the norm
- 5+ years experience in HR Generalist role required
- PHR certified preferred
- BA Degree Required
- Experience in union shop preferred
- Experience in international organization
- Experience in privately owned company
- Experience managing payroll
Affectionately known as the "Emerald City", Seattle offers the best in combining a cosmopolitan vibe with a stunning natural backdrop that includes mountains, water, and lush greenery. There is something for everyone - theatre, boating, snow and water skiing, the symphony, gardens, bike paths, technology, micro breweries, fine dining, vibrant neighborhoods, hiking, shopping, fishing, outdoor festivals, and world class markets. Whatever you like, you can do it in Seattle and surrounding areas. Seattle offers all 4 seasons with its oceanic climate - typically not too hot or too cold. With a rainy reputation, it is surprising to note that Seattle typically gets less rain than Boston, New York, or Atlanta. We love our coffee, our ethnic and cultural diversity, and the natural beauty of the area. We are proud to call Seattle home since 1897.