Leather Prep Operator – Swing Shift » Seattle WA
In 1897 C.C. Filson began outfitting prospectors headed for the Gold Rush with tools and apparel strong enough for the toughest spots on earth. More than 100 years later, Filson remains committed to providing pioneers of all fields around the world with unfailing goods made from the highest quality materials available.
Filson recognizes that it takes a world-class team to make a world-class product. As we build on the Filson legacy of American craftsmanship, we are looking for individuals who share our dedication to innovation, excellence, and superior customer service.
Leather Prep Operator - Swing Shift
Filson is looking to add several temporary Leather Prep Operators to our Seattle based manufacturing plant. Filson has been producing apparel and luggage in Seattle since 1897. Employees of Filson enjoy health and vision benefits, flexible spending accounts, paid holidays, bonus pay, vacation pay, piece rate pay, ORCA (bus) passes and more.
The position will work on a manufacturing line producing rugged twill and leather luggage. This position is a swing shift for four days a week for a total of 16 hours per week.
- Sew leather pieces to make belts and luggage parts
- Hand painting jobs to dye leather edges
- Experience in luggage/garment manufacturing
- Experience in using and operating industrial manufacturing equipment/power sewing machines
- Luggage sewing experience a plus
- Detail oriented
- Ability to follow instructions
- Ability to communicate and understand English -- Multi-Lingual in Cantonese, Vietnamese or Mandarin a plus
- Safety oriented
- Team player
- Willingness and able to learn new things
- Basic math skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met of any employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform those essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- Regularly to sit/stand for 8 hour shifts
- Use hands and fingers to work cutting tools, trimmers, and industrial machinery
- Use hands, fingers, and arms to lift, squeeze, pinch, grab products/items/supplies
- Use feet to hold and press pedal on machinery
- Reach up, across, or down to retrieve products and supplies
- See, talk, and hear.
- Occasionally required to walk
- Occasionally required to move or lift up to 35 pounds
- Carry products throughout facility to workspace
Specific vision abilities required by this job include the ability to view small details within 2 feet to inspect quality of products coming through factory line.
Affectionately known as the "Emerald City", Seattle offers the best in combining a cosmopolitan vibe with a stunning natural backdrop that includes mountains, water, and lush greenery. There is something for everyone - theatre, boating, snow and water skiing, the symphony, gardens, bike paths, technology, micro breweries, fine dining, vibrant neighborhoods, hiking, shopping, fishing, outdoor festivals, and world class markets. Whatever you like, you can do it in Seattle and surrounding areas. Seattle offers all 4 seasons with its oceanic climate - typically not too hot or too cold. With a rainy reputation, it is surprising to note that Seattle typically gets less rain than Boston, New York, or Atlanta. We love our coffee, our ethnic and cultural diversity, and the natural beauty of the area. We are proud to call Seattle home since 1897.