In 1897 C.C. Filson began outfitting prospectors headed for the Gold Rush with tools and apparel strong enough for the toughest spots on earth. More than 100 years later, Filson remains committed to providing pioneers of all fields around the world with unfailing goods made from the highest quality materials available.
Filson recognizes that it takes a world-class team to make a world-class product. As we build on the Filson legacy of American craftsmanship, we are looking for individuals who share our dedication to innovation, excellence, and superior customer service.
Sample Maker - Garment
The Sample Maker will report to the Sample Line Supervisor and will have frequent contact with employees throughout the organization. This position is an integral part of the development process and will be responsible for maintaining clear communications with patternmakers, fellow sample makers, production, factory and vendors as needed for all pertinent information for each style's development from 1st proto thru production, plus other duties as assigned.
- Must know how to sew from start to finish, working in a timely manner to meet deadlines.
- Work closely with patternmakers to help identify potential pattern construction issues and help to correct before going into production.
- Know how to work variety of sewing/ operating machines.
- Support technical and product development departments by providing garments to company quality standard, fit, and branding.
- Ability to proactively trouble shoot and problem solve.
- Work closely with other sample makers to ensure they understand correctly the construction and finish details of garment.
- Work with production sewers to help ensure there is clear understanding of construction, seam allowances, and quality of each piece being produced.
- Backfill production line when sample workload is light.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5 to 7 years experience in sewing a variety of garments from start to finish.
- Expert in construction.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Ability to sit for 8 hour shifts.
- Able to see details within 2 feet.
- Ability to repetitively push, pull, pinch, grab, reach, twist, push pedal with foot, squeeze with hands.
- Ability to Rivet.
- Able to lift 25lbs regularly.
Affectionately known as the "Emerald City", Seattle offers the best in combining a cosmopolitan vibe with a stunning natural backdrop that includes mountains, water, and lush greenery. There is something for everyone - theatre, boating, snow and water skiing, the symphony, gardens, bike paths, technology, micro breweries, fine dining, vibrant neighborhoods, hiking, shopping, fishing, outdoor festivals, and world class markets. Whatever you like, you can do it in Seattle and surrounding areas. Seattle offers all 4 seasons with its oceanic climate - typically not too hot or too cold. With a rainy reputation, it is surprising to note that Seattle typically gets less rain than Boston, New York, or Atlanta. We love our coffee, our ethnic and cultural diversity, and the natural beauty of the area. We are proud to call Seattle home since 1897.