Production Supervisor - Night Shift » Seattle WA
In 1897 C.C. Filson began outfitting prospectors headed for the Gold Rush with tools and apparel strong enough for the toughest spots on earth. More than 100 years later, Filson remains committed to providing pioneers of all fields around the world with unfailing goods made from the highest quality materials available.
Filson recognizes that it takes a world-class team to make a world-class product. As we build on the Filson legacy of American craftsmanship, we are looking for individuals who share our dedication to innovation, excellence, and superior customer service.
Production Supervisor – Night Shift
The Night Shift Supervisor report to the Production Manager and is responsible for the day to day operations of the night shift crews. This role will work closely with operators in a coaching capacity and be responsible for the quality and quantity of product coming from assigned production areas.
Essential Job Functions:
- Oversee the production of assigned Sewing lines.
- Work with manager to improve processes and communicate to operators the expectations for the quality construction of items.
- Distribution of work orders to sewers based on capabilities, demand and responsibilities.
- Improving efficiencies on sewing techniques and quality of skill of operators.
- Verify all components needed for all PO’s when received
- Work closely with other departments within production to stay on target with delivery schedules.
- Collaborate with mechanics when determining all machinery is properly working and teams have supplies needed to complete task.
- Consistently review and sign all time work to ensure employee is being paid appropriately for work completed.
- Lock and set alarm before leaving for the night to ensure safety standards.
- Communicating all procedural and employee issues including teams not adhering to company policy or processes to manager.
- Basic Math
- Basic computer and typing skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Bilingual and ability to speak English
- Read and write English preferred
- Ability to coach and develop others
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met of any employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform those essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Reach up, across, or down to retrieve products and supplies
- See, talk, and hear.
- Occasionally required to sit and walk
- Occasionally required to move or lift up to 40-70 pounds with as needed support
- Carry products throughout facility to workspace
- Climb ladder
Specific vision abilities required by this job include the ability to view small details within 2 feet to inspect quality of products coming through factory line.
Filson is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that every employee has the right to work in surroundings which are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is our policy that all decisions involving any aspect of the employment relationship will be made without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability, veteran and military status, genetic information, political ideology or any other status or characteristic protected by local, state or federal law. Discrimination and/or harassment based on any of those factors are totally inconsistent with our philosophy of doing business and will not be tolerated.
With regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, the company offers what the law refers to as "reasonable accommodation" to enable a person to perform his or her job.
Affectionately known as the "Emerald City", Seattle offers the best in combining a cosmopolitan vibe with a stunning natural backdrop that includes mountains, water, and lush greenery. There is something for everyone - theatre, boating, snow and water skiing, the symphony, gardens, bike paths, technology, micro breweries, fine dining, vibrant neighborhoods, hiking, shopping, fishing, outdoor festivals, and world class markets. Whatever you like, you can do it in Seattle and surrounding areas. Seattle offers all 4 seasons with its oceanic climate - typically not too hot or too cold. With a rainy reputation, it is surprising to note that Seattle typically gets less rain than Boston, New York, or Atlanta. We love our coffee, our ethnic and cultural diversity, and the natural beauty of the area. We are proud to call Seattle home since 1897.