In 1897 C.C. Filson began outfitting prospectors headed for the Gold Rush with tools and apparel strong enough for the toughest spots on earth. More than 100 years later, Filson remains committed to providing pioneers of all fields around the world with unfailing goods made from the highest quality materials available.
Filson recognizes that it takes a world-class team to make a world-class product. As we build on the Filson legacy of American craftsmanship, we are looking for individuals who share our dedication to innovation, excellence, and superior customer service.
Production Supervisor - Luggage
This role plays and integral part in the manufacturing of Filson luggage. It is the responsibility of the Production Supervisor to manage the sewing floor personnel in such a fashion as to deliver Filson quality product on time for the least cost.
- Maintain Filson quality standards for work produced.
- Teach correct methods, as specified by Engineering, to operators and leads.
- Help develop methods that insure quality workmanship.
- Inform the In-Line Auditor of the critical points to check on in each operation.
- Work with Quality Manager to determine product manufacturing quality.
- Complete work as scheduled.
- Review weekly schedule and balance sheet to see the feasibility of executing the schedule.
- Coordinate with operators to maintain a synchronous manufacturing flow of product.
- Coordinate work going from the sewing lines to Inspection to assure that scheduled work for the day gets completed and that word is balanced to keep Inspection productive.
- Meet special production requirements for extraordinary situations (expedite).
- Make necessary arrangements for machines, work aids, etc, to accomplish upcoming scheduled work.
- Coordinate findings to assure on time schedule delivery of cuts.
- Analyze long range operator requirements and adjust operator level accordingly.
- Coordinate with Leather Prep Supervisor to get prep work for sewing lines in a timely fashion.
- Control and reduce labor and overhead costs related to the sewing lines.
- Work with Engineering to improve methods and reduce costs.
- Perform normal supervisory duties.
- Administer Company Policy.
- Prepare and approve transfers, terminations, warnings, leaves of absences, vacations, accident reports, etc.
- Consult with Human Resources on disciplining employees for violation of Company policy or rules including warnings and terminations.
- Holds informational, as well as safety training meetings, with operators.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED.
- 4+ years of experience in field or related studies.
- 2+ years of experience in supervising the work of others.
- Familiar with a variety of field concepts, practices and procedures.
- Computer literate.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong basic math skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Experience in production sewing environment.
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to build and develop a team.
- Willingness to learn something new.
- Self starter.
- Ability to communicate with non-English speaking employees.
- Ability to stand for entire work day.
- Ability to lift 35+lbs on a daily basis.
Affectionately known as the "Emerald City", Seattle offers the best in combining a cosmopolitan vibe with a stunning natural backdrop that includes mountains, water, and lush greenery. There is something for everyone - theatre, boating, snow and water skiing, the symphony, gardens, bike paths, technology, micro breweries, fine dining, vibrant neighborhoods, hiking, shopping, fishing, outdoor festivals, and world class markets. Whatever you like, you can do it in Seattle and surrounding areas. Seattle offers all 4 seasons with its oceanic climate - typically not too hot or too cold. With a rainy reputation, it is surprising to note that Seattle typically gets less rain than Boston, New York, or Atlanta. We love our coffee, our ethnic and cultural diversity, and the natural beauty of the area. We are proud to call Seattle home since 1897.