In 1897 C.C. Filson began outfitting prospectors headed for the Gold Rush with tools and apparel strong enough for the toughest spots on earth. More than 100 years later, Filson remains committed to providing pioneers of all fields around the world with unfailing goods made from the highest quality materials available.
Filson recognizes that it takes a world-class team to make a world-class product. As we build on the Filson legacy of American craftsmanship, we are looking for individuals who share our dedication to innovation, excellence, and superior customer service.
Develops, communicates and drives seasonal and long-term product strategies for the accessories category with focus on bringing brand right products to market, which will enable Filson to meet/exceed its business objectives in sales, margin, and profit.
- This role will be responsible for pricing, being intimately familiar with the competitive landscape, writing seasonal line plans and analyzing the business to ensure continued growth.
- Must be able to partner and matrix manage multiple cross-functional departments to build/deliver the right product assortment to market.
- The ideal candidate has 5+ years merchandising experience - preferably in accessories, keen product sense, and strong analytical skills.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Develop and manage the line plan to meet/exceed brand vision and financial objectives.
- Prioritize, segment and rank product assortment
- Ensure collection is priced in line with brand/category strategy & margin objectives
- Create, maintain, and distribute line sheets, sale sample plans and Add/Drop/Change lists for category
- Lead the seasonal execution of global product strategies for the category through strong cross-functional partnerships with design, product development, production, marketing and channel partners.
- Effectively communicate seasonal division strategies.
- Calendar adherence.
- Conducts statistical sales analysis for sell-in and sell-through and works with all pertinent resources to collect relevant feedback by region.
- Own pre-season projections.
KEY DEPARTMENTAL FUNCTIONS
- Consistently evaluate category direction for relevancy and new opportunities.
- Evaluates current business processes to identify improvements and leverage infrastructure.
- Encourages and maintains constant communication and feedback amongst all organizational partners.
- Demonstrate deep knowledge of customer; initiate shared learning's with team and cross-functional partners regarding customer insight.
- Maintain strong awareness of competitive landscape.
- Guide, manage, and coach direct reports.
- Possess basic knowledge of apparel construction, materials, and production processes
- Demonstrate the organizational ability to facilitate multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor's degree
- 3-5 years of wholesale merchandising and/or retail buying experience.
- Management experience a plus
- Ability to transport, maneuver and visually evaluate merchandise
- Ability to travel domestically
Affectionately known as the "Emerald City", Seattle offers the best in combining a cosmopolitan vibe with a stunning natural backdrop that includes mountains, water, and lush greenery. There is something for everyone - theatre, boating, snow and water skiing, the symphony, gardens, bike paths, technology, micro breweries, fine dining, vibrant neighborhoods, hiking, shopping, fishing, outdoor festivals, and world class markets. Whatever you like, you can do it in Seattle and surrounding areas. Seattle offers all 4 seasons with its oceanic climate - typically not too hot or too cold. With a rainy reputation, it is surprising to note that Seattle typically gets less rain than Boston, New York, or Atlanta. We love our coffee, our ethnic and cultural diversity, and the natural beauty of the area. We are proud to call Seattle home since 1897.