In 1897 C.C. Filson began outfitting prospectors headed for the Gold Rush with tools and apparel strong enough for the toughest spots on earth. More than 100 years later, Filson remains committed to providing pioneers of all fields around the world with unfailing goods made from the highest quality materials available.
Filson recognizes that it takes a world-class team to make a world-class product. As we build on the Filson legacy of American craftsmanship, we are looking for individuals who share our dedication to innovation, excellence, and superior customer service.
Retail Store Manager - Aspen
The Retail Manager is responsible for the overall management of the Filson company retail store. The Filson brand is built on a reputation of excellent product quality and performance as well as exceptional customer service. The retail operation represents the "real life" experience of the brand, and as such the Retail Manager is responsible for leading the store and retail associates in providing just such an experience. Understanding how to train and motivate sales associates is a critical skill set required. Store merchandising and appearance are also critical to the brand experience that the customers are exposed to, and the manager has the ultimate responsibility to insure that they meet the standards of the brand. Recruiting, training, scheduling and performance evaluations of the staff are essential to the store success.
In addition the Retail Manager, in conjunction with Filson's Marketing department is responsible for store promotion and advertising to the local community. Grass root events are an important part of this promotion, and the Manager is the primary liaison with these groups and events.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide exceptional service to all customers through sales, customer service and clienteling.
- Recruiting, training, scheduling and managing store associates.
- Creating a work environment where associates not only enjoy the day to day responsibilities but develop into being exception customer service advocates.
- Educate employees on company polices and ensure compliance is met.
- Insure that associates receive constant training in both product knowledge as well as customer service expectations.
- Oversee store merchandising and stock replenishment, responsible for store appearance, "shop ability" and sales promotion.
- Providing feedback on inventory levels, product selection and sales information as required.
- Responsible for overall appearance of the store, including mechanical operations as well as fixtures and overall maintenance of the store. Insure that outside services for maintained and improvement are recruited as needed.
- Provide feedback to company management for areas of improvement.
- Serve as "champion" of the store to management and operations at company headquarters.
- Be able to work evenings, weekends and holidays as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Qualifications:
- Five years management in Retail Operations, preferably in multi-store outdoor retailer.
- Exceptional selling skills, customer service, and clienteling.
- Strong comprehension of budgets and financial issues.
- Proven experience hiring, training, and managing sales associates.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent inter-personal skills with ability to work well with a variety of people.
- PC based computer skills; with Word, Excel, and telecommunication experience.
- Prior experience with retail POS systems.
- Involvement in activities that the company markets it products, and able to gain rapport and respect of key participants in these sports.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Able to lift boxes and move merchandise around store.
- Some travel is required.
Affectionately known as the "Emerald City", Seattle offers the best in combining a cosmopolitan vibe with a stunning natural backdrop that includes mountains, water, and lush greenery. There is something for everyone - theatre, boating, snow and water skiing, the symphony, gardens, bike paths, technology, micro breweries, fine dining, vibrant neighborhoods, hiking, shopping, fishing, outdoor festivals, and world class markets. Whatever you like, you can do it in Seattle and surrounding areas. Seattle offers all 4 seasons with its oceanic climate - typically not too hot or too cold. With a rainy reputation, it is surprising to note that Seattle typically gets less rain than Boston, New York, or Atlanta. We love our coffee, our ethnic and cultural diversity, and the natural beauty of the area. We are proud to call Seattle home since 1897.