In 1897 C.C. Filson began outfitting prospectors headed for the Gold Rush with tools and apparel strong enough for the toughest spots on earth. More than 100 years later, Filson remains committed to providing pioneers of all fields around the world with unfailing goods made from the highest quality materials available.
Filson recognizes that it takes a world-class team to make a world-class product. As we build on the Filson legacy of American craftsmanship, we are looking for individuals who share our dedication to innovation, excellence, and superior customer service.
The Production Artist will be responsible for the preparation of all print marketing collateral. This role will work collaboratively with the Art Director as well as other members of the Print Marketing Department. The position will be results driven and have strong abilities in creative and design techniques.
- Design and set up production files for catalog, line sheets, packaging, internal presentation and other print materials.
- Make edits and adjustments to all file components as necessary.
- Routing for approval on copy, image and technical information.
- Pre-flight files.
- Create mock-ups of projects for approval.
- Ensures art is set up correctly for specific production facility.
- Prioritize and manage work load.
- Other duties will be assigned as needed.
- Creative Suite: InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and PowerPoint.
- Must have a thorough understanding of design and working knowledge of the latest creative software platforms.
- Catalog and packaging production experiences.
- Skills to create mock-ups.
- Skill in design for printing production output.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written).
- Able to work under pressure and tight deadline.
- Can prioritize their own workload based on timelines.
- Detail oriented.
- Able to multi-task.
- Work with others to meet overall team agenda/goals.
- 3-5 years experience in a production art environment.
- BFA or BS in Graphic Design.
Affectionately known as the "Emerald City", Seattle offers the best in combining a cosmopolitan vibe with a stunning natural backdrop that includes mountains, water, and lush greenery. There is something for everyone - theatre, boating, snow and water skiing, the symphony, gardens, bike paths, technology, micro breweries, fine dining, vibrant neighborhoods, hiking, shopping, fishing, outdoor festivals, and world class markets. Whatever you like, you can do it in Seattle and surrounding areas. Seattle offers all 4 seasons with its oceanic climate - typically not too hot or too cold. With a rainy reputation, it is surprising to note that Seattle typically gets less rain than Boston, New York, or Atlanta. We love our coffee, our ethnic and cultural diversity, and the natural beauty of the area. We are proud to call Seattle home since 1897.