In 1897 C.C. Filson began outfitting prospectors headed for the Gold Rush with tools and apparel strong enough for the toughest spots on earth. More than 100 years later, Filson remains committed to providing pioneers of all fields around the world with unfailing goods made from the highest quality materials available.
Filson recognizes that it takes a world-class team to make a world-class product. As we build on the Filson legacy of American craftsmanship, we are looking for individuals who share our dedication to innovation, excellence, and superior customer service.
Digital Design Art Director
The Digital Design Art Director will engage with the Creative Director on a strategic level: brainstorming, sketching, and verbalizing ideas and strategic directions prior to execution. They will take an ownership role as the lead on projects including conducting conceptual exploration, establishing direction and design solutions, and ensuring successful implementation of that direction through production. The Art Director will work with the Marketing group and cross-functional teams to deliver world class, high quality digital marketing campaigns for Filson Brands. They must have design leadership experience and ability to see the process through all phases from start to finish. They will be required to manage multiple projects at one time to make stringent deadlines. We are looking for a design lead with exceptional attention to detail and strong aesthetics of products, American heritage and outdoors.
- Collaborate with the eCommerce Planner, Copywriter, UX, as well as Merchandising, IT, and Marketing teams to create digital brand and sale presentations.
- Ensure cohesive global branding through the concept and design for Filson.com, email, ad banners, mobile and apps.
- Have total visibility to the site and understanding of how our customer interacts with it, from home page design to merchandising of the products.
- Responsible for creating and execution of the brand design standards in the digital areas, such as the template, wireframe, brand identity and product presentation.
- Communicate concept ideas and graphic programs with internal team
- Collaborate with ecommerce and development teams to create site template, wireframe and site map.
- Gather and analyze data to drive business and design decisions to optimize the performance of new and existing features and page.
- Manage team's performance.
- Other duties will be assigned as needed.
- 5-10 years of digital design in retail companies or agencies for retail clients.
- 3 or more years of managerial.
- Knowledge of UX, interaction, html and backend capability.
- Knowledge of digital project management.
- Minimum BFA degree in graphic, digital or advertising design.
- Experience working with UX teams and development team.
- Strong multitasking abilities and team leading.
- Strong concept development and excellent design.
- Passion for design, user experience, and mobile.
- Strong understanding of modern web practices/responsive design to create an efficient user-experience.
- Knowledge of mobile, iPad, video, and front-end.
- Previous experience working with merchandising teams.
Affectionately known as the "Emerald City", Seattle offers the best in combining a cosmopolitan vibe with a stunning natural backdrop that includes mountains, water, and lush greenery. There is something for everyone - theatre, boating, snow and water skiing, the symphony, gardens, bike paths, technology, micro breweries, fine dining, vibrant neighborhoods, hiking, shopping, fishing, outdoor festivals, and world class markets. Whatever you like, you can do it in Seattle and surrounding areas. Seattle offers all 4 seasons with its oceanic climate - typically not too hot or too cold. With a rainy reputation, it is surprising to note that Seattle typically gets less rain than Boston, New York, or Atlanta. We love our coffee, our ethnic and cultural diversity, and the natural beauty of the area. We are proud to call Seattle home since 1897.