Our history begins in 1897 when C.C. Filson designed Mackinaw Wool apparel and rugged boots to outfit the explorers of the great Klondike Gold Rush. In that era, clothing wasn't a matter of choice but survival. Clinton C. Filson designed and manufactured durable, outdoor clothing for miners, loggers, fishermen, mariners, and explorers who spent time roaming and working the harsh wilderness between Washington and Alaska. He built products with the highest quality materials available and treated his customers with a level of respect and honesty that was truly an innovation of his time.
Over 100 years later, Filson stands by the same guiding principles. When a customer buys a Filson product, they can be confident they have purchased the highest quality product available, guaranteed to withstand the test of time.
Seasonal Retail Sales Associate - Portland Store (October - January)
- Build and service book of clienteling.
- Provide a luxury experience to all store clientele.
- Develop and maintain strong knowledge of the Filson product.
- Perform duties related to opening and closing store.
- Maintain store merchandising standards per VM guidelines.
- Stocking and maintaining size runs on sales floor.
- Keeping store appearance to the Filson standard.
- Other duties will be assigned as needed.
- Previous experience in retail store front
- Customer service skills
- Merchandising/visual skills
- Friendly and outgoing
- Committed to superior service
- Energetic and dependable
- Motivated and results driven
- Ability to work weekends, holidays and evenings
- Team player
- Basic math skills
CC Filson offers a comprehensive benefits package, product discounts, and more!
CC Filson is an equal opportunity employer.
Affectionately known as the "Emerald City", Seattle offers the best in combining a cosmopolitan vibe with a stunning natural backdrop that includes mountains, water, and lush greenery. There is something for everyone - theatre, boating, snow and water skiing, the symphony, gardens, bike paths, technology, micro breweries, fine dining, vibrant neighborhoods, hiking, shopping, fishing, outdoor festivals, and world class markets. Whatever you like, you can do it in Seattle and surrounding areas. Seattle offers all 4 seasons with its oceanic climate - typically not too hot or too cold. With a rainy reputation, it is surprising to note that Seattle typically gets less rain than Boston, New York, or Atlanta. We love our coffee, our ethnic and cultural diversity, and the natural beauty of the area. We are proud to call Seattle home since 1897.