In 1897 C.C. Filson began outfitting prospectors headed for the Gold Rush with tools and apparel strong enough for the toughest spots on earth. More than 100 years later, Filson remains committed to providing pioneers of all fields around the world with unfailing goods made from the highest quality materials available.
Filson recognizes that it takes a world-class team to make a world-class product. As we build on the Filson legacy of American craftsmanship, we are looking for individuals who share our dedication to innovation, excellence, and superior customer service.
Power Machine Operators - Luggage Sewer
Filson is looking to add several Power Machine Operator - Luggage Sewers to our Seattle based manufacturing plant. Filson has been producing apparel and luggage in Seattle since 1897. Employees of Filson enjoy health and dental benefits, flexible spending accounts, paid holidays, bonus pay, vacation pay, piece rate pay, ORCA (bus) passes and more. These positions will work in our newly remodeled facility.
The position will work on a sewing line producing rugged twill and leather luggage
- Experience with power sewing machines
- Luggage sewing experience a plus
- Ability to lift 30lbs on a daily basis
- Ability to sit all day
- Ability to use tools (scissors, machinery)
- Ability to view small details within 2 feet
- Must be able to carry product throughout facility to workspace
- Detail oriented
- Ability to follow instructions
- Ability to communicate and understand English, Cantonese, Vietnamese or Mandarin
- Safety oriented
- Ability to sit for 8 hour shifts.
- Able to see details within 2 feet.
- Ability to repetitively push, pull, pinch, grab, reach, twist, push pedal with foot, squeeze with hands.
- Ability to Rivet.
- Able to lift 25lbs regularly.
Affectionately known as the "Emerald City", Seattle offers the best in combining a cosmopolitan vibe with a stunning natural backdrop that includes mountains, water, and lush greenery. There is something for everyone - theatre, boating, snow and water skiing, the symphony, gardens, bike paths, technology, micro breweries, fine dining, vibrant neighborhoods, hiking, shopping, fishing, outdoor festivals, and world class markets. Whatever you like, you can do it in Seattle and surrounding areas. Seattle offers all 4 seasons with its oceanic climate - typically not too hot or too cold. With a rainy reputation, it is surprising to note that Seattle typically gets less rain than Boston, New York, or Atlanta. We love our coffee, our ethnic and cultural diversity, and the natural beauty of the area. We are proud to call Seattle home since 1897.