In 1897 C.C. Filson began outfitting prospectors headed for the Gold Rush with tools and apparel strong enough for the toughest spots on earth. More than 100 years later, Filson remains committed to providing pioneers of all fields around the world with unfailing goods made from the highest quality materials available.
Filson recognizes that it takes a world-class team to make a world-class product. As we build on the Filson legacy of American craftsmanship, we are looking for individuals who share our dedication to innovation, excellence, and superior customer service.
PRODUCTION ENGINEERING AIDE
PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
- Decide the construction and preliminary costs of all styles with the objective of achieving an optimum balance between quality and economy of construction and consistency with factory methods.
- Issue review and get approval for reference garments.
- Generate BOM's, style files and any other related production standards.
- Maximize materials utilization.
- Function as an information source during samples sewing, test bundles and production.
- Oversee the New Product Development Template to make sure every individual at production's dept to perform his/her responsibilities.
- Working together with Marketing, purchasing, production coordinator to make sure the new products meet the dateline and projection.
- Keeping track New Product Development's Template to make sure each task is accomplished.
- Other duties will be assigned as needed.
PIECE WORK/PRODUCTIVITY BONUS PAY (PBP) RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform and Review all TSR (Time Study Requests).
- Perform and Review all ECR (Engineering Change Request).
- Monitor and maintain the piecework system.
- Setup and monitor piece rates and methods used in production.
- Review payroll of all PBP operators weekly.
- Calculate, Maintain and monitor quarterly averages of all PBP operators.
- Oversee production's employee records; make sure the guarantee, average, and employee's status up to date.
- Design plant layout for best production work flow.
- Work with sewing, cutting room, leather prep and final inspection's Supervisors and operators on correct methods.
- Time studies.
- Assist Production Manager in cost justifications for capital improvements.
- Provide technical assistance on the Byte System to all departments.
- Research and recommend new technology/methodology that will keep FilsonCo. At the forefront as a "World Class" Manufacturer.
- Set up and Monitor cost reduction programs where necessary.
- Improve operators' workstations to increase productivity.
- Generate and maintain any Reports, forms, processes that needed by production dept.
- Track Cost of each style labor variance quarterly.
- Other projects as assigned by the production Manager.
BYTE APPLICATIONS RESPONSIBILITIES
- Troubleshoot and interface with Byte support when byte users found any problems, questions, needing custom reports and any process in byte system.
- Install and Maintain any necessary hardware that connect to byte, for example: Zebra printer to print roll good tag, Micro wand used for audit, scanner to do payroll, printers to print tickets, label and barcode.
- Coach and Train all manufacturing staffs to become proficient users of Byte Systems.
- Associates degree required.
- 5 plus years experience in garment manufacturing.
- Management experience a plus.
- Experience coaching and training others on processes and systems.
- Able to learn new computer systems.
- Strong verbal and written communication.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Team oriented.