Cost Accountant » Seattle WA
In 1897 C.C. Filson began outfitting prospectors headed for the Gold Rush with tools and apparel strong enough for the toughest spots on earth. More than 100 years later, Filson remains committed to providing pioneers of all fields around the world with unfailing goods made from the highest quality materials available.
Filson recognizes that it takes a world-class team to make a world-class product. As we build on the Filson legacy of American craftsmanship, we are looking for individuals who share our dedication to innovation, excellence, and superior customer service.
The Cost Accountant will report to the Accounting Manager and will be an integral part of the finance team at CC Filson. The successful candidate will be experienced, analytical, organized and detail oriented, with excellent problem solving skills. Strong communications skills are a must, as is the ability to work well as part of a team.
- Manage and maintain an integrated standard cost system for all products and product lines.
- Actively manage inventory records to ensure timely and accurate financial reporting.
- Investigate production variances and report on their causes.
- Work with production department to evaluate costs and identify inefficiencies.
- Prepare semi-annual product costing report for use in establishing future price points.
- Maintain monthly inventory and cost of goods sold files as part of the financial reporting process.
- Prepare initial cost summaries for all new or updated product styles and maintain cost records for all outsourced products.
- Assist in month-end closing of the general ledger including preparation and posting of appropriate journal entries, reserves, accruals, and provisions.
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts as assigned.
- Assist with the preparation of state and local tax returns.
- Perform ad hoc research and analysis of information from the accounting system.
- Prepare internal reports for Management to help track and evaluate Company performance.
- Assist finance department with annual financial statement audit and semi-annual physical inventory counts.
- Continuously improve accounting systems, controls, and procedures.
- Develop, refine, and enhance meaningful management reports.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Bachelors degree in accounting or finance
- 3+ years of experience in cost accounting or related field
- Ability to understand production variances and product costing
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Understanding and application of U.S. GAAP
- Attention to detail
- Integrity, honesty and high ethical standards
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- A quick learner and a problem solver
Note: This job description is not meant to be all-inclusive. Employee may be required to perform other duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Affectionately known as the "Emerald City", Seattle offers the best in combining a cosmopolitan vibe with a stunning natural backdrop that includes mountains, water, and lush greenery. There is something for everyone - theatre, boating, snow and water skiing, the symphony, gardens, bike paths, technology, micro breweries, fine dining, vibrant neighborhoods, hiking, shopping, fishing, outdoor festivals, and world class markets. Whatever you like, you can do it in Seattle and surrounding areas. Seattle offers all 4 seasons with its oceanic climate - typically not too hot or too cold. With a rainy reputation, it is surprising to note that Seattle typically gets less rain than Boston, New York, or Atlanta. We love our coffee, our ethnic and cultural diversity, and the natural beauty of the area. We are proud to call Seattle home since 1897.