In 1897 C.C. Filson began outfitting prospectors headed for the Gold Rush with tools and apparel strong enough for the toughest spots on earth. More than 100 years later, Filson remains committed to providing pioneers of all fields around the world with unfailing goods made from the highest quality materials available.
Filson recognizes that it takes a world-class team to make a world-class product. As we build on the Filson legacy of American craftsmanship, we are looking for individuals who share our dedication to innovation, excellence, and superior customer service.
The Payroll Supervisor is responsible for the administration of the payroll systems and process. This role will report to the Director of Human Resources and works closely with associates of all levels throughout the organization. A successful candidate must be a strong problem solver, team player and outgoing.
- Responsible for the timely and accurate, preparation, payment and record keeping for international and multi-state payrolls.
- Ensure payroll operations comply with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) along with government regulations and compliance with State and Federal payroll tax reporting regulations. Audit preparation of payroll tax returns, journal entries and reconciliations of payroll and related general ledger liability accounts.
- Critically review and analyze current payroll, benefits and tax procedures in order to recommend and implement changes leading to best-practice operations.
- Ensure funding of 401(k) plan is done accurately and timely.
- Ensure data integrity of payroll and related subsystems and compliance with document retention policies.
- Prepare monthly department reports for management review which analyzes payroll key performance metrics. Suggest new and revise existing methods for analysis which leads to improved department functions.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks and participating in professional societies.
- Processing and calculating manual checks and garnishments.
- Coordinate benefits enrollment including the reconciliation of monthly billing, COBRA management and annual open enrollment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5 + years experience processing payroll & benefits administration.
- 3+ experience working with ADP WorkForce Now.
- Human Resources experience a plus.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Strong accounting skills, knowledge of tax and employment law and experience in auditing the filing of quarterly and annual payroll tax returns including W-2's preferred.
- Experience with piece rate pay a plus.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Well organized and comfortable with numbers.
- Strong Excel skills.
- Personable, easygoing and a team player.
- Strong ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Note: This job description is not meant to be all-inclusive. Employee may be required to perform other duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Affectionately known as the "Emerald City", Seattle offers the best in combining a cosmopolitan vibe with a stunning natural backdrop that includes mountains, water, and lush greenery. There is something for everyone - theatre, boating, snow and water skiing, the symphony, gardens, bike paths, technology, micro breweries, fine dining, vibrant neighborhoods, hiking, shopping, fishing, outdoor festivals, and world class markets. Whatever you like, you can do it in Seattle and surrounding areas. Seattle offers all 4 seasons with its oceanic climate - typically not too hot or too cold. With a rainy reputation, it is surprising to note that Seattle typically gets less rain than Boston, New York, or Atlanta. We love our coffee, our ethnic and cultural diversity, and the natural beauty of the area. We are proud to call Seattle home since 1897.