Desktop Support Technician » Seattle WA
In 1897 C.C. Filson began outfitting prospectors headed for the Gold Rush with tools and apparel strong enough for the toughest spots on earth. More than 100 years later, Filson remains committed to providing pioneers of all fields around the world with unfailing goods made from the highest quality materials available.
Filson recognizes that it takes a world-class team to make a world-class product. As we build on the Filson legacy of American craftsmanship, we are looking for individuals who share our dedication to innovation, excellence, and superior customer service.
Desktop Support Technician
The Desktop Support Technician is responsible for providing end user support for day-to-day operations in a heterogeneous computer environment. This position is directly responsible for the installation, deployment, and support of all desktop technologies, including, desktops, laptops, and peripherals. The qualified candidate should be very comfortable with fielding many different types of requests each day, all while maintaining a friendly, service-oriented attitude. As part of a small support team, the candidate should be adept at setting priorities for requests and either executing the requests or else delegating them to fellow team members in a timely manner.
- Provides helpful, engaging on-call support for all company team members. This includes support of desktops, workstations, laptops, desk phones, and general technical support throughout the facility on a wide range of areas.
- Evaluates and resolves user problems; identifies and obtains appropriate resources for the resolution of complex problems; corrects routine hardware problems by making minor repairs to computer equipment, studies trends and makes long-term/major recommendations for the future.
- Collaborates with the support team and management in other company locations in the successful execution of standardized processes such as purchasing, pickup, shipping, and deployment of technology.
- Instructs computer system users in the use of computer equipment and applications; answers questions and assists in resolving problems with application use.
- Facilitates setup of new hardware/software; installs, tests, and monitors the operation of computer hardware and software; configures hardware and software to meet user's needs.
- Maintains various records, procedures and documentation for computer systems and software.
- Assists in the maintenance and installation of telephony, data, and video cabling throughout the facility.
- Assists in the receiving and cataloging of company assets into inventory.
- Occasionally serves as the primary contact for response to emergency situations or critical problems with the technology or facilities, including events that occur during off-hours.
- Conducts periodic check-ins and establishes strong working relationships with remote employees.
- Outstanding attitude with strong emphasis on customer service.
- Proactive, creative problem solving with a focus on helping people work better, faster, and smarter.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- 3+ Years experience in computer systems support.
- Knowledge of the functions and operations of personal computers, laptops, servers, user and server software, wired and wireless networks, printers, VOIP telephony and common office equipment.
- Proficient in Windows and Apple OSX installation, maintenance, upgrading and troubleshooting.
- Ability to communicate to end users with varying levels of understanding of computer systems and software.
- Self-motivated, detail oriented and organized.
- High degree of ownership and quality of workmanship.
- Able to prioritize tasks independently without direct supervision, while still meeting deadlines.
- Flexible and adaptable to the company’s changing needs.
- Able to thrive in an occasionally high pressure, deadline oriented environment
Note: This job description is not meant to be all-inclusive. Employee may be required to perform other duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Affectionately known as the "Emerald City", Seattle offers the best in combining a cosmopolitan vibe with a stunning natural backdrop that includes mountains, water, and lush greenery. There is something for everyone - theatre, boating, snow and water skiing, the symphony, gardens, bike paths, technology, micro breweries, fine dining, vibrant neighborhoods, hiking, shopping, fishing, outdoor festivals, and world class markets. Whatever you like, you can do it in Seattle and surrounding areas. Seattle offers all 4 seasons with its oceanic climate - typically not too hot or too cold. With a rainy reputation, it is surprising to note that Seattle typically gets less rain than Boston, New York, or Atlanta. We love our coffee, our ethnic and cultural diversity, and the natural beauty of the area. We are proud to call Seattle home since 1897.