In 1897 C.C. Filson began outfitting prospectors headed for the Gold Rush with tools and apparel strong enough for the toughest spots on earth. More than 100 years later, Filson remains committed to providing pioneers of all fields around the world with unfailing goods made from the highest quality materials available.
Filson recognizes that it takes a world-class team to make a world-class product. As we build on the Filson legacy of American craftsmanship, we are looking for individuals who share our dedication to innovation, excellence, and superior customer service.
Credit & Collections Assistant
The Credit/Collections Assistant will work closely with the company's Credit Analyst to ensure accurate and timely processing of new account setup, credit assessments, accounts receivable monitoring, and follow-up of customer inquiries. The Credit/Collections Assistant will help track customer information, delinquent accounts, payment plans and late fees.
While the ideal candidate should possess a courteous and professional demeanor with customers, they will also need to remain assertive and confident. The candidate should be organzied, flexible, analytical and resilient when trying to resolve collection matters.
- Follow established guidelines to process credit paperwork and setup new accounts.
- Assist Credit Analyst with new account applications by processing trade and bank references.
- Ability to interpret credit reports and financial information to assist Credit Analyst with account monitoring.
- Continually monitor and update customer credit holds.
- Maintain appropriate cust.
- Fomer data in ERP system.
- Perform payment application to wholesale accounts.
- A/R Aging - monitor and report on past due accounts.
- Research credits on account in order to process refund or apply to outstanding invoices.
- Serve as backup to other AR functions as needed.
- Monitor past due accounts and perform collection calls when necessary.
- Maintain accurate and complete documentation of all collection activity.
- Send and track past due/collection notices.
- 3+ years experience in professional level role.
- Associates Degree or equivalent work experience required.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Creative problem solving with strong judgment and decision making skill.
- Excellent customer service, communication & negotiation skills.
- Ability to build relationships with clients while maintaining a high percentage of collections.
- Identify & resolve issues which may prevent or delay invoice payment.
- Functional use of word and excel.
Note: This job description is not meant to be all-inclusive. Employee may be required to perform other duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Affectionately known as the "Emerald City", Seattle offers the best in combining a cosmopolitan vibe with a stunning natural backdrop that includes mountains, water, and lush greenery. There is something for everyone - theatre, boating, snow and water skiing, the symphony, gardens, bike paths, technology, micro breweries, fine dining, vibrant neighborhoods, hiking, shopping, fishing, outdoor festivals, and world class markets. Whatever you like, you can do it in Seattle and surrounding areas. Seattle offers all 4 seasons with its oceanic climate - typically not too hot or too cold. With a rainy reputation, it is surprising to note that Seattle typically gets less rain than Boston, New York, or Atlanta. We love our coffee, our ethnic and cultural diversity, and the natural beauty of the area. We are proud to call Seattle home since 1897.