Our history begins in 1897 when C.C. Filson designed Mackinaw Wool apparel and rugged boots to outfit the explorers of the great Klondike Gold Rush. In that era, clothing wasn't a matter of choice but survival. Clinton C. Filson designed and manufactured durable, outdoor clothing for miners, loggers, fishermen, mariners, and explorers who spent time roaming and working the harsh wilderness between Washington and Alaska. He built products with the highest quality materials available and treated his customers with a level of respect and honesty that was truly an innovation of his time.
Over 100 years later, Filson stands by the same guiding principles. When a customer buys a Filson product, they can be confident they have purchased the highest quality product available, guaranteed to withstand the test of time.
The Financial Analyst reports to the Controller and is an important part of the Finance department. The primary responsibility of the Financial Analyst is preparing and analyzing budgets and forecasts. This role will work closely with senior management to support the preparation of management presentations, analysis, ad hoc reporting and other special projects as needed.
This function is a vital resource for the wholesales sales, direct marketing, operations, and product development teams helping them make educated business decision through business analytics.
- Forecast, analyze and provide summary of trends in sales, margin and other business conditions in the retail, wholesale and direct sales channels.
- Create reports to analyze manufacturing costs, perform variance analysis and review inventory activity.
- Monitor performance against budgets and forecasts, highlighting trends and analyzing causes of variances.
- Assist in annual budget preparation and sales quota planning process
- Create dashboards to help management monitor the financial health of the business.
- Analyze current and past trends in key P&L performance indicators.
- Assist in preparation of monthly and quarterly financial reporting package.
- Develop financial models to help illustrate financial trends.
- Ad-hoc reporting, analysis and special projects as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 3+ years' experience in a financial planning and analysis related role.
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Data warehouse knowledge and SQL experience a plus.
- Ability to learn new systems quickly and work with large amounts of complex data.
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organized and able to manage multiple deadline driven responsibilities.
- Work well with cross-functional teams including sales, retail, production, inventory, purchasing, and fulfillment.
- Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Affectionately known as the "Emerald City", Seattle offers the best in combining a cosmopolitan vibe with a stunning natural backdrop that includes mountains, water, and lush greenery. There is something for everyone - theatre, boating, snow and water skiing, the symphony, gardens, bike paths, technology, micro breweries, fine dining, vibrant neighborhoods, hiking, shopping, fishing, outdoor festivals, and world class markets. Whatever you like, you can do it in Seattle and surrounding areas. Seattle offers all 4 seasons with its oceanic climate - typically not too hot or too cold. With a rainy reputation, it is surprising to note that Seattle typically gets less rain than Boston, New York, or Atlanta. We love our coffee, our ethnic and cultural diversity, and the natural beauty of the area. We are proud to call Seattle home since 1897.