Our history begins in 1897 when C.C. Filson designed Mackinaw Wool apparel and rugged boots to outfit the explorers of the great Klondike Gold Rush. In that era, clothing wasn't a matter of choice but survival. Clinton C. Filson designed and manufactured durable, outdoor clothing for miners, loggers, fishermen, mariners, and explorers who spent time roaming and working the harsh wilderness between Washington and Alaska. He built products with the highest quality materials available and treated his customers with a level of respect and honesty that was truly an innovation of his time.
Over 100 years later, Filson stands by the same guiding principles. When a customer buys a Filson product, they can be confident they have purchased the highest quality product available, guaranteed to withstand the test of time.
Visual Merchandising Lead: Wholesale and Retail
The Visual Merchandising Lead will manage the maintenance and execution of the Visual Merchandising standards for Filson Global Wholesale and Retail environments.
- Develop Visual Merchandising tools that are in line with the Filson Global wholesale and retail concepts within the agreed timelines and ensure effective communication to the field, suppliers and internal contacts.
- Manage and develop calendar and execution timelines for Global Filson wholesale and retail endeavors
- Manage and execute Global Trade Fairs for Filson wholesale environments.
- Visual maintenance and development of Global Filson sales showrooms.
- Aid in development and execution of retail store concepts for Filson wholesale and retail endeavors globally.
- Source and develop fixtures, lighting, mannequins, and decor components for Global Filson retail environments and showrooms.
- Innovate, renovate and visually maintain existing Filson environments.
- Partner with creative leads for installation development and execution of marketing initiatives for Filson globally.
- Develop VM trainings and directives to stimulate brand interest. Train, coach and direct retail partners on product treatment, product presentation and visual techniques for the Filson brand.
- Offer product knowledge seminars to retail partners for Filson product assortments.
- Establish relationships with colleagues, agencies, suppliers and internal partners to allow for a positive VM contribution to the development of window and POS strategies, fixture development and execution.
- Create windows and product displays within the Filson guidelines and maintain the visual standards for Filson wholesale and retail.
- Work with Store Managers (wholesale and Filson Retail) to adapt in-store visual and window display presentations based on stores needs while maintaining the integrity of the Filson brand.
- Ensure the current Filson signage and POS direction are implemented correctly.
- Ensure proper organization and maintenance of visual materials globally.
- Responsible for photo archive of completed Global Filson Wholesale and Retail environments.
- Manage inventory of fixtures and store décor for all Global Filson Wholesale and Filson Retail environments.
- Maintain positive open lines of communication with management and Creative leads in order to contribute to the smooth flow of information and efficient visual execution of the Filson brand.
- 5-7 years in Visual Merchandising role in apparel industry.
- Experience planning and executing global trade shows.
- Ability to travel national and internationally.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs and perform tasks that involve stooping, walking, bending, climbing on a ladder, and standing for long periods of time.
- Bachelors degree required.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
Affectionately known as the "Emerald City", Seattle offers the best in combining a cosmopolitan vibe with a stunning natural backdrop that includes mountains, water, and lush greenery. There is something for everyone - theatre, boating, snow and water skiing, the symphony, gardens, bike paths, technology, micro breweries, fine dining, vibrant neighborhoods, hiking, shopping, fishing, outdoor festivals, and world class markets. Whatever you like, you can do it in Seattle and surrounding areas. Seattle offers all 4 seasons with its oceanic climate - typically not too hot or too cold. With a rainy reputation, it is surprising to note that Seattle typically gets less rain than Boston, New York, or Atlanta. We love our coffee, our ethnic and cultural diversity, and the natural beauty of the area. We are proud to call Seattle home since 1897.