Our history begins in 1897 when C.C. Filson designed Mackinaw Wool apparel and rugged boots to outfit the explorers of the great Klondike Gold Rush. In that era, clothing wasn't a matter of choice but survival. Clinton C. Filson designed and manufactured durable, outdoor clothing for miners, loggers, fishermen, mariners, and explorers who spent time roaming and working the harsh outback territory between Washington and Alaska. He built products with the highest quality materials available and treated his customers with a level of respect and honesty that was truly an innovation of his time.
Over 100 years later, Filson stands by the same guiding principles. When a customer buys a Filson product, they can be confident that they have purchased the highest quality product available, guaranteed to withstand the test of time.
The Filson Copywriter is the person who creates the authentic voice of Filson for all digital and catalog copy - this would include but not be limited to headlines, bullet points, product detail, general branding and historical copy.
The ideal candidate will clearly understand the difference between digital copy designed to improve our SEO along with offline copy. We need to insure that our copy reflects our voice while selling product and the Filson brand.
This person will be the central contact for all voice-related strategy and execution.
Although this position is not responsible for product naming, they may be consulted to help provide direction
Write copy for offline catalogs and offline advertising; refine copy for digital marketing channels to optimize SEO
- Product details
- Bullet points
- Branding/historical copy
- Easily accessible database for the Filson product copy that can be leveraged by anyone internally or externally
- Interfaces with a wide variety of internal and external partners:
- 3rd party partners
- 3+ years of copywriting experience - ideally for a luxury retailer.
- Stickler for proper grammar and punctuation.
- Proficient in MS Word.
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple concurrent projects and resources to meet deadlines.
- Able to create organized filing systems that will lend itself to ease of access and information.
- Extreme attention to detail and the ability to establish and maintain schedules.
- Comfortable with team based work structure; ability to demonstrate flexibility on the job.
- Demonstrates initiative, is conscientious, and provides complete follow through on areas of responsibility.
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbal, written and visually with a wide variety of people.
- Able to sit and work at desk and operate a computer for several hours at a time.
Note: Filson is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Affectionately known as the "Emerald City", Seattle offers the best in combining a cosmopolitan vibe with a stunning natural backdrop that includes mountains, water, and lush greenery. There is something for everyone - theatre, boating, snow and water skiing, the symphony, gardens, bike paths, technology, micro breweries, fine dining, vibrant neighborhoods, hiking, shopping, fishing, outdoor festivals, and world class markets. Whatever you like, you can do it in Seattle and surrounding areas. Seattle offers all 4 seasons with its oceanic climate - typically not too hot or too cold. With a rainy reputation, it is surprising to note that Seattle typically gets less rain than Boston, New York, or Atlanta. We love our coffee, our ethnic and cultural diversity, and the natural beauty of the area. We are proud to call Seattle home since 1897.