CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE - Seasonal
- Handle inbound customer contacts and process all requests.
- Enter customer orders, catalog requests and other information into computer systems.
- Handle and resolve customer service inquiries.
- Handle customer service-related projects and/or tasks as assigned by supervisors.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Be available for and answer inbound telephone calls from customers and other external contacts.
- Handle inbound contacts via telephone, e-mail, fax, mail or downloaded from the internet and process associated work.
- Process customer orders, catalog requests and all other customer service inquiries as requested by internal and external contacts.
- Handle customer service-related projects and/or tasks as assigned by supervisors, which include:
- Returns processing
- Backorder processing
- Pre-season order coordination
- Order and invoice proofing
- Order printing
- Credit card processing
- Fax processing
- Web order processing
- Customer correspondence
- Custom order coordination
- "major" dealer order processing
- General office duties
- Participate in ongoing training, process improvement discussions and meetings as requested by supervisors.
- Provide coaching and support to peers as requested by supervisors.
- Other duties will be assigned as needed.
- Experience in customer service work.
- High school diploma and some college education or equivalent work experience.
- Experience working on computers; preference for those with Windows experience.
- Skills in problem-solving, written and verbal communication.
- Fluency in writing and speaking the English language.
- Stable work history and longevity in jobs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met of any employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform those essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; to use hands and fingers to work a computer keyboard and mouse and to write; to reach up, across or down to retrieve manuals or papers; and to see, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to move or lift up to 10 pounds. Specific hearing abilities required by this job include the hearing voices through telephone handsets or headsets and through general face to face conversation. Specific vision abilities required by this job include the ability to read information on a computer screen or on a printed page.
Affectionately known as the "Emerald City", Seattle offers the best in combining a cosmopolitan vibe with a stunning natural backdrop that includes mountains, water, and lush greenery. There is something for everyone - theatre, boating, snow and water skiing, the symphony, gardens, bike paths, technology, micro breweries, fine dining, vibrant neighborhoods, hiking, shopping, fishing, outdoor festivals, and world class markets. Whatever you like, you can do it in Seattle and surrounding areas. Seattle offers all 4 seasons with its oceanic climate - typically not too hot or too cold. With a rainy reputation, it is surprising to note that Seattle typically gets less rain than Boston, New York, or Atlanta. We love our coffee, our ethnic and cultural diversity, and the natural beauty of the area. We are proud to call Seattle home since 1897.