Our history begins in 1897 when C.C. Filson designed Mackinaw Wool apparel and rugged boots to outfit the explorers of the great Klondike Gold Rush. In that era, clothing wasn't a matter of choice but survival. Clinton C. Filson designed and manufactured durable, outdoor clothing for miners, loggers, fishermen, mariners, and explorers who spent time roaming and working the harsh outback territory between Washington and Alaska. He built products with the highest quality materials available and treated his customers with a level of respect and honesty that was truly an innovation of his time.
Over 100 years later, Filson stands by the same guiding principles. When a customer buys a Filson product, they can be confident that they have purchased the highest quality product available, guaranteed to withstand the test of time.
The Product Developer will work in our corporate office, located in Seattle, WA. The purpose of this position is to manage the timely execution of all product development activities required to deliver production ready products that meet Filson's expectations.
- Proactively manage the development process of company product lines as assigned.
- Plan/track the development schedule to ensure timely completion meeting the predetermined product development calendar.
- Ensures both the product quality/integrity and the technical superiority of all products falling under their responsibilities.
- Develops products, recommends materials, and construction techniques that meet design expectations and meet/exceed margin targets.
- Ensures execution of fit intent and fit consistency.
- Partners with suppliers and manufacturers to develop new materials, construction techniques, processes, and samples used to create innovative and technically superior products each season.
- Interacts with Merchandising, Product Manager, Design, Technical Design, Marketing, Sales, and Production to assure the accuracy and integrity of all product execution, details and performance claims.
- Other duties may be assigned at management's discretion.
- College degree or equivalent in relevant work experience.
- 3 or more years in an apparel development, production and/or design role.
- Proficient in Microsoft office products: Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Communication with overseas vendors, factories, and/or fabric experience.
- Experience with Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop a plus.
- Experience and interest outdoor activities related to Filson's core customer a plus.
Note: Filson is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Affectionately known as the "Emerald City", Seattle offers the best in combining a cosmopolitan vibe with a stunning natural backdrop that includes mountains, water, and lush greenery. There is something for everyone - theatre, boating, snow and water skiing, the symphony, gardens, bike paths, technology, micro breweries, fine dining, vibrant neighborhoods, hiking, shopping, fishing, outdoor festivals, and world class markets. Whatever you like, you can do it in Seattle and surrounding areas. Seattle offers all 4 seasons with its oceanic climate - typically not too hot or too cold. With a rainy reputation, it is surprising to note that Seattle typically gets less rain than Boston, New York, or Atlanta. We love our coffee, our ethnic and cultural diversity, and the natural beauty of the area. We are proud to call Seattle home since 1897.